Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

4/9/13

Detroit Red Wings' left winger Justin Abdelkader made an appearance for a free signing he was doing at the Meijer store out in Warren, MI today. Got Justin to sign my puck with the "Go Wings!" inscription.

SCF Rewards
    Country

4/20/13

Pro football Hall of Famer, Dave "The Ghost" Casper, made an appearance for a paid signing he was doing at the Gibraltar Trade Center in Taylor, MI today. Paid the signing fee and got Dave to sign my mini-helmet along with the "HOF 02" inscription.

SCF Rewards
    Country

4/26/13

Hockey Hall of Famer, Alex Delvecchio, made an appearance for a free signing he was doing at the AT&T store out in Troy, MI today. Headed to the signing straight after work, made it there with 30 minutes left and absolutely nobody in line. Got my trading card, 8 x 10, and the 8 1/2 x 11 promo photo he was giving away signed along with the "HOF 77" inscription.

SCF Rewards
    Country

5/5/13

Former MLB pitcher Doug Bair made an appearance for a paid signing he was doing at a card show at the VFW Post 345 in Redford, MI. Paid the signing fee and got Doug to sign my ROMLB with the "1984 World Champs" inscription.

SCF Rewards
    Country

5/7/13

Attended the inaugural "Taste of the Lions" food and wine taste charity event, benefiting Detroit's Eastern Market. Outside memorabilias were prohibited, but they sold Lions white panel footballs and Speed mini-helmets inside, so I sneaked cards into the event instead. Got the following to sign for me:

wide receiver Devin Thomas - 1/1 trading card

linebacker Travis Lewis - 1/1 trading card

tight end Brandon Pettigrew - 1/1 trading card

Pro football HOFer Charlie Sanders - 1/1 trading card, plus a photo with

offensive tackle Riley Reiff - 1/1 trading card

Lions' great Billy Sims - 1/1 trading card

Got my program signed by 30 players which included:

Front
    punter Blake Clingan, fullback Shaun Chapas, defensive end Jason Jones, guard Dylan Gandy, long snapper Don Muhlbach, tight end Brandon Pettigrew, cornerback Jonte Green, defensive tackle Ogemdi Nwagbuo, wide receiver Devin Thomas with "Go State" inscription, tackle Corey Hillard, defensive end Willie Young, kicker Havard "Kickalicious" Rugland, tackle Jason Fox, and defensive tackle Jimmy Saddler-McQueen

Back
    safety Ricardo Silva, linebacker Stephen Tulloch, safety Don Carey, wide receiver Lance Long, wide receiver Nate Burleson, running back Joique Bell, linebacker Carmen Messina, tight end Dominique Curry, guard Rob Sims, quarterback Kellen Moore, safety Glover Quin, wide receiver Kris Durham, safety Tyrell Johnson, linebacker Tahir Whitehead, tight end Nathan Overbay, and HOFer Lem Barney (said that he couldn't sign my card as he was only signing items bought inside the event, but gladly signed my program instead)

Also got a chance to sample most of the foods the restaurants in attendance offered. But for $150 a ticket, I expected more players to show up, as I was hoping Reggie Bush and Ziggy Ansah would but of course they didn't and I wish that they did allow outside memorabilia too. They were charging an additional $100 to take a photo and get an autograph from both Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson, which I thought was a complete joke. I made the most of it, but in the end, probably won't return to this event again and hoping that they'll bring back the bocce ball tournament instead.

SCF Rewards
    Country

5/11/13

Detroit Lions' great Billy Sims made an appearance for the grand opening of his Billy Sims BBQ restaurant out in Troy, MI today. Got Billy to sign all 3 of my trading cards, plus got a picture taken with him.

Last edited by tboculosis; 05-14-2013 at 09:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

5/18/13

Attended the Gridiron Greats autograph signing & sports memorabilia show held at the Suburban Collection Showplace out in Novi, MI today. Didn't need much of the guests who were brought in for paid signings, so only paid the signing fees for Pro Football Hall of Famers Joe DeLamielleure and "Mean" Joe Greene. Got a mini-helmet signed by each with their Hall of Fame inducted years.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Miami (FL) Hurricanes Ohio State Buckeyes
    See D.J.Williams55's Items on eBay

those are some great successes!
    Current Project: Building a complete signed 1991 Pacific Football set. If you have any that are signed IP/TTM/Signing, I'd be happy to try and make a deal
    As of 3/16/24:
    HOFer's 14/49, Total cards: 325/660, 49.2% complete

SCF Rewards
    Country

6/6/13

Attended the Detroit Tigers' 3rd Annual Tip-A-Tiger event, with all tips benefiting the Tigers' Foundation, held at the C.J. Mahoney sports bar out in Troy, MI tonight. Got the following to sign for me throughout the course of the night for tips:

former MLB player/current Tigers studio analyst Craig Monroe - 1/1 trading card

pitcher Drew Smyly - 1/2 trading cards (was only signing 1 item at a time, so didn't bother getting him a second time)

pitcher Doug Fister - 1/1 2012 team ball, 2/2 trading cards, plus a photo with (Doug was a signing machine as well as one of the only players who actually did major work there bar-tending)

shortstop/second baseman Ramon Santiago - 1/1 2012 team ball (brought nothing for him as he wasn't announced to be there; worked out as I needed him on my team ball)

pitcher Joaquin Benoit - 1/1 8 x 10 blown-up photo with from last year's event, 1/1 trading card

outfielder Andy Dirks - 1/1 8 x 10 blown-up photo with from last year's event, 1/1 trading card

third baseman Miguel Cabrera - 1/1 2012 team ball (didn't bring anything for him too as I didn't expect him to show up nor was he advertised to be there; It was truly a madhouse during the short time Miggy was there, but he signed for as much as he could for tips of $5 or more)

Pitchers Darrin Downs and Luke Putkonen showed up to help, but I had nothing for neither. Former MLB player/current Tigers' TV color commentator, Rod Allen, also showed up to help, but brought nothing for him, though I wish I would of brought a ROMLB as I needed him on my 84' Tigers signed ROMLBs collection. Pitcher Octavio Dotel, pitcher Jose Ortega, and catcher Brayan Pena were advertised but they no-showed. Overall, the event was okay this year, but with much more people in attendance, made it a little uncomfortable. Looking forward to next year's event and hoping that it won't be as packed, but we'll see.

Last edited by tboculosis; 06-07-2013 at 07:10 PM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Nice stuff, thought about going, but figured it wouldn't be worth it based on the guys advertised.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast