Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did I have bad trade etiquette?

So recently I was talking to another member about a trade. He had two cards I was interested in but the pictures were kind of blurry so I asked if he could take a less blurry picture of both of them so I could get a better look. I did the same for him and sent him the picture. But when I saw the clearer picture I decided I didn't like the cards after closer inspection and I respectfully told him I had changed my mind and didn't want to do the trade anymore. I told him thank you anyways and sorry we couldn't make a deal. He then tells me: "You know what thats not cool at all u being a new trader your gonna - off alot people doing the - you just did what a waste of time dont ever post in my threads again". I just wanted to get a better look at the cards and then when I did, I didn't want them anymore. He then put me on his ignore list. Did I have bad etiquette? I just wanted to be sure of the cards I was getting and that I was getting a good deal and wouldn't regret. I spent the same amount of time as him getting scans and talking and all that, so it was also my time, not just his. Could someone let me know what they think? I don't want to get people angry at me or anything. Thanks!
    Last edited by meandsharon11; 05-12-2015 at 11:22 PM.
    Always looking for Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper, Derek Carr, and Khalil Mack!
    Always looking to trade: Hidden Content
    Thanks!

Hidden Content

I don't think anybody can really help you since we don't know what you said to him or what he said to you word for word or what anybody was thinking but maybe he took you changing your mind as being indecisive and time wasting rather than you seeing the cards were more damaged than you thought and turning him down? That's the only thing I could come up with.

Either way you can't please everybody and with a lot of issues one half wants it this way while the other half wants it that way. So trying to figure out which is which is going to just drive you mad.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

If you had already agreed to a trade and had it posted in the manager then i could see someone being mad about it. But if you have not agreed to anything there is no reason for anybody to get upset about sending better pictures. I dont think asking for clearer pictures is a big deal. I have done it many times before and had no problems doing it. If you never agree to anything then there is no problem. Even if you did and changed your mind there is no need for people to get upset about things. Its part of trading and happens sometimes. People just need to get over it.
    Photo Bucket Link: Hidden Content
    Flickr Link: Hidden Content

Ok thanks it's just that I'm pretty new and just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something that'd get a people made at me unintentionally. Thanks!
    Thanks!

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor44 View Post
    Ok thanks it's just that I'm pretty new and just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something that'd get a people made at me unintentionally. Thanks!
    Don't agree to any trade if you have a concern about the card(s) or their condition. It's your right to request a scan or a clearer scan if needed. I believe you did NOTHING wrong but that's just my opinion.
    PC: Longoria, Stanton, Kemp, Pujols, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Joey Votto, Griffey Jr, Craig Biggio, Helton, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV or @ least try to when available.
    Cards FT/FS~Hidden Content
    Scans/Pix~ Hidden Content

Ok thanks guys, the way he reacted I thought I broke some unspoken rule lol
    Thanks!

Hidden Content

Agree with Greg here and to be honest I typically will ask for pictures of front and back, one persons Mint sometimes ends up being NRMT and what not......

SCF has a great reputation and some very we'll respected members. Many members prior to trading will make sure stated condition is accurate by extra scans. Works both ways.

Maybe theres more to story idk, but from your description any blurry scans posted by a member should expect to make new scans prior to finalizing any trade or sale for both buyer and sellers sake.

Good Luck

Gusto

Quote Originally Posted by greg271126817 View Post
    If you had already agreed to a trade and had it posted in the manager then i could see someone being mad about it. But if you have not agreed to anything there is no reason for anybody to get upset about sending better pictures. I dont think asking for clearer pictures is a big deal. I have done it many times before and had no problems doing it. If you never agree to anything then there is no problem. Even if you did and changed your mind there is no need for people to get upset about things. Its part of trading and happens sometimes. People just need to get over it.
    PC - Walter Payton and Montana PSA RCs

***I DO NOT send outside US**** Photobucket: Hidden Content

I didn't say anything mean or angry at him or anything, it wouldn't make sense to get someone your trying to make a deal with not like you lol. Thanks guys though for clearing it up for me though, I appreciate it! And by the way gusto, your PC is SWEET lol!
    Thanks!

Hidden Content

Sounds like your etiquette was fine, and you communicated well.
    The other person was probably just frustrated, and I wouldn't take it personal.
    Personally, I don't mind if someone changed their mind on a trade (up until it's posted and confirmed in TRADE MANAGER, then it's final).
    My pet-peeve is when someone changes their mind and doesn't communicate that they've changed their mind.
    They just leave you hanging and wondering what's happening.
    Last edited by jedijohnson; 05-14-2015 at 04:56 PM.
    Buying: 1999 Collector's Edge First Place #201 Kurt Warner/500 RC

Always SEE what you are buying before you agree to a trade. I don't think you did anything wrong at all. Just got caught in the wrong situation with the wrong person. Just make sure you know what you are trading for or buying before you commit to it. It's better for you that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast