Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Is the phrase "History of Hockey" is copyrighted or trademarked by ITG? If so then they can stop people from using the phrase, because the trademark gives them "exclusive right to use the mark nationwide on or in connection with the goods/services listed in the registration" (from US patent office)

As for "Old Hockey Cards"? I don't see why that, too, cannot be trademarked. Just ask Mr. Hockey©.
    Last edited by Drewk86a; 01-03-2013 at 04:06 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

Is the phrase "History of Hockey" is copyrighted or trademarked by ITG? If so then they can stop people from using the phrase, because the trademark gives them "exclusive right to use the mark nationwide on or in connection with the goods/services listed in the registration" (from US patent office)

As for "Old Hockey Cards"? I don't see why that, too, cannot be trademarked. Just ask Mr. Hockey©.

It's not about copyrights, you encourage sellers to be deceptive ? Nobody is saying ITG owns any rights to any wording but do you think the seller previously listed his PSA auctions with the word HISTORY in the title ? Seller has no morals and it's BS.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No, I get that. At the same time I doubt anything is going to happen if you post theyrics to Happy Birthday even though it's copywritten.
    What I'm saying is, with some of the set names out there and future potential names for sets, I'm wondering if people will get POd about "Old Hock Cards" being used for just that instead of a set called "Old Hockey Cards"?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have asked the seller to remove "History of Hockey" from his auctions.

We was not very cooperative.

After some back and forth, he agreed but I see that all he has done is change the phrase to Hockey History.

I told him that I felt the only reason he added anything to his auction title was to mislead any buyers.

I will not repeat what he told me. No need.

Brian Price

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have asked the seller to remove "History of Hockey" from his auctions.

We was not very cooperative.

After some back and forth, he agreed but I see that all he has done is change the phrase to Hockey History.

I told him that I felt the only reason he added anything to his auction title was to mislead any buyers.

I will not repeat what he told me. No need.

Brian Price

See, this is what I'm talking about. He changed it to something similar and it's still an issue. The set isn't called "Hockey History" and, sorry to say, a Dryden auto IS a piece of hockey history, so he's not lying. Obviously History of Hockey was/is an issue but this isn't the same thing and it's still an issue. I don't get that.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (23)
    Country

The seller also added the following "disclaimer":

THIS CARD DID NOT COME OUT OF THE "IN THE GAME PRODUCT HISTORY OF HOCKEY" BUT AS YOU CAN SEE IS STILL VERIFIED BY PSA/DNA AS ANYBODY IN THE WORLD CAN GET DONE.

There's always at least one...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why not just remove the word History of Hockey or Hockey History and be done with it.

We all know that there have been PSA/DNA authenticated autograph cards out there for years. He tried to mislead collectors and all I asked him to do was remove the words History of Hockey to end any confusion.

Sorry, did what I could do. In retrospect, I should have demanded that PSA/DNA put the History of Hockey notation on the cards.

Brian Price

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Why not just remove the word History of Hockey or Hockey History and be done with it.

We all know that there have been PSA/DNA authenticated autograph cards out there for years. He tried to mislead collectors and all I asked him to do was remove the words History of Hockey to end any confusion.

Sorry, did what I could do. In retrospect, I should have demanded that PSA/DNA put the History of Hockey notation on the cards.

Brian Price

You gotta realize from his perspective, though, that this product (temporarily) devalues his cards even though they are the same basic thing. He's not using the actual name now. You can't own the name AND everything similar to it, which is what you're mad about now.
    In retrospect, you're right, it would have been beneficial to include the name of the set. Now you've got cards out there that have the exact same authentication that are worthless compared to six months ago because they weren't repackaged as "something new" which they aren't.
    I see no way you have a right to be mad, but I'd do understand his indignation towards you. You bought another company's product and re-released it as your own, devaluing identical products in the process.
    I'd be mad at you too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will make one final comment and then those who want to post their opinions do so.

Do you really thing that if the seller posted these cards in November before the release of History of Hockey that they his would have put History of Hockey or Hockey History at the end of the item's description?

I don't think he would. So the only inference you could get for him doing it now is to mislead buyers.

Brian Price

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

This time I feel exactly same as you Brian. I don't like sellers who misrepresent and magnify their cards.
    Seller is jerk, pure and simple.

Harri

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast