Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Crackin' Wax Preview: 2013 Topps Series 1



    It’s a brand new year and what lies ahead in the ever-shortening distance is the first series of the next annual installment of Topps’ flagship baseball card product. This much anticipated set is expected to land on shelves at the end of this month at a fairly typical price point.


    This year’s set’s theme is “The Chase” and does not appear to deviate much from the standard that Topps has established in the past few years. With a base set of 330, multiple styles of parallels for each base card, and a multitude of insert sets, Topps is sticking with what works. Making a return is the popular retro minis–this go around featuring the memorable 1972 design.


    Rounding out the set are the usual suspects of die cuts, autos and relics as well as a newer staple in Topps products–the manufactured relic, featuring mini trophies and coins. Topps is also providing yet another online code redemption program with “The Million Dollar Chase.”

    Full preview...
    Hidden Content
    CURRENT HAPPENINGS: Hidden Content
    ALWAYS HAPPENING: Hidden Content (Free Cards)
    FUTURE HAPPENINGS: Holiday Gift Exchange
    TRADING: Hidden Content - Last Updated: 10/1/13 - I collect Twins Prospect/RC AUs

  2. #2
    The base designs are lackluster, but as always Topps manages to not disappoint completely. More of the same, but it's a tried and true formula. 2013 Bowman's designs are far and away better, and I will be saving up my money to buy a hobby box of Bowman while buying all the Topps singles I need at my card show.
    Onward and upward,
    Raysfan16

  3. #3
    Not to bad. I wish they wouldnt make some of the insert sets so large. I think 50 is way to many. 20-25 is as big as they should be. I have just been buying the insert sets I want of of Ebay from some of the case rippers lately. Seems easier. I will bust a few packs most likely though.

  4. #4
    Really excited about the Topps archive in styles from my childhood too
    1. Collecting Chipper Jones' 1999 MVP Season
    2. 1978 Topps #45 Mark Fidrych, 1965 Topps #19 Gates Brown, 1969 Topps #472 Jim Price, 2003 Topps Gallery HOF #22 Ernie Harwell BB
    3. All RCs of Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz, and Steve Avery
    4. Topps 1990 set

  5. #5
    Not trying to be mean, but you can't possibly be reviewing cards you don't have in your possession and don't even know what the backs of them look like, and just relying on a few pics Topps released.

    Wait until the cards are released before doing a review.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BenG76 View Post
    Not to bad. I wish they wouldnt make some of the insert sets so large. I think 50 is way to many. 20-25 is as big as they should be. I have just been buying the insert sets I want of of Ebay from some of the case rippers lately. Seems easier. I will bust a few packs most likely though.
    i agree, the number of insert sets and how many cards ar ein each set havebeen rediculous.
    Hidden Content
    have 3920 different cardinals cards
    check out my blog! Hidden Content

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gps29070 View Post
    Not trying to be mean, but you can't possibly be reviewing cards you don't have in your possession and don't even know what the backs of them look like, and just relying on a few pics Topps released.

    Wait until the cards are released before doing a review.
    Not trying to be mean, but the title of this post contains the word PREVIEW, not REVIEW. I'll do a review when I have the cards in-hand. Until then, you get a preview.
    Hidden Content
    CURRENT HAPPENINGS: Hidden Content
    ALWAYS HAPPENING: Hidden Content (Free Cards)
    FUTURE HAPPENINGS: Holiday Gift Exchange
    TRADING: Hidden Content - Last Updated: 10/1/13 - I collect Twins Prospect/RC AUs

  8. #8
    Topher,

    You can't do a preview either without the product in hand. Can you preview a Batman movie based on a few images posted on the internet?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gps29070 View Post
    Topher,

    You can't do a preview either without the product in hand. Can you preview a Batman movie based on a few images posted on the internet?
    Of course you can its a preview. I've gone to a movie and seen PREVIEWS that were no more than a few images and music. Its a preview its only meant to bring awareness to a product and to make people talk about it.

  10. #10
    Car magazines preview cars without driving the car first..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •