Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

What's up with all the blatent disrespect towards women's basketball and cards?

I understand that males generally are more athletic, can dunk and do more things on the court so I am not going to argue that point but why is it that female ballers and there cards are down right disrespected and are treated as if they are pokemon collectibles. (No disrespect to anyone who collects pokemon). For example there was a guy on here a while back who said that he was interested in basketball HOF autos. I said that i had this FS/FT

http://www.comc.com/Cards/Basketball...wski25/5888428

and he pretty much got smart with me and said that he was looking for basketball HOFers. I was like dude check your history she is in the hoops hall. That was the last I heard from him. It amazes me the people don't know the history of the game and don't do their research on who is in the hall. There are some pretty good female ballers and coaches in the hall and if you consider yourself a basketball fan/collector you are doing your collection a huge disservice by not collecting them. There are a lot of good deals on autos of lady ballers and I'm trying to get as many as I can before everyone wakes up and realizes what they could of had. Also if you are an IP autograph collector and don't do wnba games then shame on you. I have been able to get about 90% of the top ballers in the wnba including a lot of future HOFers. If you are on the fence about going to an nba game you may want to go ASAP. Unfortunatley some but not all of the wnba ballers are starting to act like their male counterparts and are acting like they are too good to sign autos for their fans.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Yeah, that isn't too uncommon.

I can respect folks who say they really can't get into the WNBA for the reasons you mentioned in the first sentence, but a lot of people don't stop there - they must get snarky and rude about it in the process. Dude could have just said, "I collect NBA HOFers only, not the women's ones," but he acted as though women's basketball wasn't even basketball.
    Last edited by WilyWestbrook0; 01-04-2013 at 01:51 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also check out my discussion about female athletes on P&R.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...8#post12370398

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See villanuevafan's Items on eBay

I actually love women's hoops, especially the WNBA. Call me crazy, but I like WNBA more than NFL or MLB. Some of those WNBA players could for sure make NBA rosters. There have been some incredible women play in the WNBA, such as Lisa Leslie, one of my all-time favorite athletes. I'm a huge fan of the Indiana Fever, but also Candace Parker. She's a consistent threat for a triple-double, and she can occassionally dunk, too. I really wish that there was a larger following for women's sports and the WNBA, but it has been on the incline in recent years, so hopefully that is a continuous trend.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I actually love women's hoops, especially the WNBA. Call me crazy, but I like WNBA more than NFL or MLB. Some of those WNBA players could for sure make NBA rosters. There have been some incredible women play in the WNBA, such as Lisa Leslie, one of my all-time favorite athletes. I'm a huge fan of the Indiana Fever, but also Candace Parker. She's a consistent threat for a triple-double, and she can occassionally dunk, too. I really wish that there was a larger following for women's sports and the WNBA, but it has been on the incline in recent years, so hopefully that is a continuous trend.

CHURCH!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I collect baseball HOF autographs but I don't want things like umpires, executives, etc. So maybe he just wanted NBA HOF autographs? That's usually what people mean when they say that.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/