Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (50) HI
    Country

Posting success without posting address? Should this be allowed at all?

I have noticed people doing this now and then,

It bothers me since the TTM Database is for public sharing of info not personal record-keeping..

Here is a recent example -- https://www.sportscardforum.com/ttm.p...p&sp=1&pl=6789

Can these be removed somehow?

Also here is a thread from the post I made about this for reference:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...-more-and-more

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cratch26's Items on eBay

I agreed with your thread you posted before, and I agree with you here. Posting a success but then saying, "I can't tell you where, though", is just showing off really. Those types of posts help no one, and ideally the system is in place to help one another, IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I see them all the time and hate it. I take the time and add every address I send to (if it isn't already in the database) and report my successes and failures to help others and keep records for myself.
    Wanting Jerry West & Former Tar Heels

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't like when people use the term "private address". There is no such thing as a private address.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Please PM me or any TTM Mod should you see a posting without a listed address. I will gladly delete that posting! The TTM MANAGER was made for members of our autograph community to share addresses and help each other. I will not allow this autograph community to start doing things like trading addresses and not trying to help each other. That has been the next step on other forums where I have seen this go on! Please you can post in your regular success threads all you want that you recieved someone, but can not share the addresses. Members have their own right to not read your thread, but the TTM DATABASE was meant to be a free address tool. We do not begrudge you having an address source in any way, but successes in the TTM must have an address!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

I have another related complaint:

It seems like there are a good number of people who have blogs where they post their TTM stuff which is fine. I'm all for someone either posting both there and here or just there, and fine with people posting it in their signature. But it annoys me so much when in the TTM manager, someone posts minimal information and doesn't provide pictures, and then in the comments posts a link to their blog where they have more information. It seems to me like they are at that point just trying to show off and drive traffic to their site. Is there anything that can be done about that?

I can PM you an example if you want but I don't want to pick someone and post them here as a direct insult.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I know what you are saying, but if you click on the success and it is listed under the address they used here at SCF in the TTM Manager, then we already know where they sent it and what the results numbers are like 1/2 sent 7-11-13 success on 8-12-13. To me the fact that they have tested and reported the address as active and times sent are the important facts. I never have to go to their blog to see a photo. I am another of those posters who never posts pics with my success. I never even scan them into my computer when they first come in. The others who say private address are having to enter their success either without an real address with fake info entered for an address in the database or entering false info under an address in the TTMM! We have many members who will base their mailings on how current the last returns from an address was or looking at the success percentage for an address when selecting the address to use or even person to mail to.

EXAMPLE 1 Let's say for instance I posted a success for Shawn Johnson in the TTM and dropped it as a success at the Chow Gym address. Then in my notes said private address. Well that address has been a RTS for sometime and now looks active. Makes the database incorrect and could result in members wasting postage sending there.

EXAMPLE 2 Let's say instead I did get a success from that address and posted it in the TTM and in notes said photo here and listed my blog? I would care less that you had a photo of your success and be more interested that the old address is active again. Should that be the case then members might be able to also have success there as a result of another member testing the address.

Getting proper results in the TTM Database to help each other is the reason for the database. It is a tool for members of the autograph community to help each other. I love the fact that SCF has allowed us to have this feature for free and I realize how much hard work has been put into it by both staff and the autograph community as a whole. That is why I try to police things that may compromise it's integrity!