Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

san jose

thornton and maleau and the bruins can sign thornton

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wings-Samuelson for sure
    Canes-Pitkanen maybe
    Can the Rangers get rid of Redden? He is with their minor league team and I don't think he counts against their cap, but $6.5M is a lot for a minor league d-man.
    TB-Malone maybe
    Bos-Savard for sure
    Buff-Leino and maybe Erhoff
    Cal-Hudler

I'm sure there are others.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kcatthebat780's Items on eBay

Oilers buyout Shawn Horcoff ( I hate him as a person and player ) and I am not sure on the 2nd

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbr3318's Items on eBay

For the Oilers I would buyout

Horcoff- he is a 3rd line center at best
    and
    Hemsky- he hasn't played a full season in his career and is not worth 5 million per year (maybe worth half that)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

As a Flames fan, I would like it to be Wideman since that's a horrendous contract but since it was just signed for 5 years that won't happen. But someone likely has to be dropped next summer due to Feaster's previous disregard to the cap/cap space.

Stajan seems possible, although he's an effective player when properly utilize (ie. not on the 4th line). Sarich will probably be obsolete by next summer though, so Feaster will probably undue that re-signing as there should be a suitable youngster to take his place by then.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Oilers would jump immediately for any of this. They've unsuccessfully tried to get rid of Horcoff and Hemsky even by paying half their salary for other to take them....... No Takers.

Guys like Hemsky will have to move back to Europe as he won't be signed by anyone in the NHL.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oilers would jump immediately for any of this. They've unsuccessfully tried to get rid of Horcoff and Hemsky even by paying half their salary for other to take them....... No Takers.

Guys like Hemsky will have to move back to Europe as he won't be signed by anyone in the NHL.

Well I don't think I agree with no NHL team would sign Hemsky, I am agreeing with below that he's not quite a 5 million dollar man. We also are going to be needing $ for the future and saving them where we can now is needed. As for Horcoff I don't believe there is an Oiler fan or anyone with knowledge of his contract that can see him not being on the buyout block.

and
    Hemsky- he hasn't played a full season in his career and is not worth 5 million per year (maybe worth half that)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

and

Oilers buyout Shawn Horcoff ( I hate him as a person and player ) and I am not sure on the 2nd

The buyouts are for next summer, and even the summer after that.... will give the Oilers some time to figure it out.

They may have to buy someone out, out of necessity, but considering that Hemsky JUST SIGNED this contract, there is no way in the world they're buying him out. Any hypothetical cap troubles the Oilers may run into with their team..... it will be after that deal expires.

Horcoff is another interesting one. Based on everything I've read - he's great friends with Katz (the owner). Lives on the same street, in fact. Becuase of that relationship.... I'd be surprised if he was bought out..... but they may have to do it (eventually) for the cap space.

After this season though, Horcoff's actual salary becomes much cheaper than his cap hit. Trading him, instead of buying him out, wouldn't be out of the question. He makes 4 million & 3 million over the last two years of the deal - flipping him to a team just trying to get to the floor...... he'd save them $4 million in real cash over the two year. (cap hit is 5.5 mil person).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Bruins, Savard can be put on LTIR with no cap hit...if they could buy out this year, definitely Thomas, paying the guy 5 mil to play golf isn't much help!
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bruins, Savard can be put on LTIR with no cap hit...if they could buy out this year, definitely Thomas, paying the guy 5 mil to play golf isn't much help!

Hey does someone out there know the 100% definite answer to that? I didn't think that Boston was paying Thomas. He did walk away from his contract?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast