Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    33 (connexionhck)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

The cup artist proof...are they all 1 of 1??

Hi!

I've bought one of these artist proof...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251206074267?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649

I ddnt look before in my PC because I was thinking they were 1 of 1...i've won the auction then i've checked for fun in my bucket and discovered that ive allready got 1 "artist proof" exactly the same....its really the same ....not the patchs or other color version

Someone got any explications about this??

thank you
    For Trade/Sell:
    Patch: Hidden Content
    Rookie: Hidden Content
    Auto: Hidden Content
    PC MARCUS JOHANSSON

if I'm not mistaken those are cut from the uncut sheet redemptions. Not sure how many sheets were "won" but I'd say more than 1 if you have multiples
    Hidden Content cmb=cook more bacon Hidden Content
    I collect Theo Fleury, Lyle Odelein, Gary Roberts & Dave Manson

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    33 (connexionhck)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Yeah I know they are from the uncut sheet! I was thinking they were only one uncut sheet by version of cards...
    For Trade/Sell:
    Patch: Hidden Content
    Rookie: Hidden Content
    Auto: Hidden Content
    PC MARCUS JOHANSSON

I bought these two but the seller listed the comment below, so I am sure multiple people have these, so I would say no to the 1/1 thoughts. But for under $4 figured it was good way to at least have the images in my collection, even if unpatched and unsigned.

These were issued as a full artist proof set by Upper Deck as a redemption.

$(KGrHqF,!jMFC1tkFgqbBQzpRRpi1g~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!o!FC0WgCIHZBQ07yUpktQ~~60_57.jpg
    Tavares Autos ONLY
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

They aren't 1/1s per say.... more like the only proof of that card. There are the parallels of it too if I'm not mistaken. They're cool though for the price!
    Main wants: Schneider Cup RPA, OEL 1/1s and highends
    The not-so updated (In other words, 3/4 of it is sold) Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by 30ranfordfan View Post
    I think some sheets had as many as 5
    I pulled the signature patches 2007-08 uncut sheet (framed) and that one is numbered to 15

They are fun to have if you do not pay much for them. Like for instance I had rainbow in the Cup and to add these to it it make it more complete. But that is the only time I bought some. Value wise they will never have much value but for collector they are cool to have a few to show off.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

From what I know, each set in The Cup has a redemption for an uncut sheet, and depending on the set, some are more limited than others. Ex: The base uncut sheet may have 10 available, while the uncut sheet for the shields has only 1. I own a 10-11 Signature patches uncut sheet and I've only seen, also UD stopped releasing any print runs, and stopped framing them for 10-11. (Maybe even 09-10 or 08-09 not sure about those).
    I collect MOST current Leafs! Major PC: Jake Gardiner
    Other PC's: Kessel, Lupul, Kadri, Phaneuf, JVR, Rielly etc. NonLeafs: Crosby, Datsyuk.
    Traders and PC Scans:
    Hidden Content
    Website/Wantlist/Tradelist: Hidden Content

As others have indicated, the sheets come in various numbers each year, depending upon the insert/base set contained in the sheet. Many people make a business out of acquiring the sheets and cutting them up to sell the "cards" individually for a profit. So it's not surprising that you've now acquired more than one of the same type of "card".

These cut-outs are controversial: some collectors think they shouldn't exist and cutting up sheets makes them valueless and their multiple listings clog up ebay; whereas others think it's an OK practice. Either way, they don't command high prices and usually find their way into player PC collections.