Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adrian Peterson sets eyes on 2500 yrd year next season

He intends to blow it out the water next season. Dickerson finished with 2,105 yards in 1985. Peterson wants 2,500."I want to try to set the ball higher than that," Peterson said. "I want to make it the 2,500 club.
    "It's definitely out there. I feel like it's definitely attainable. ... Enjoy this last year because the record's going down, with ease."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...nts-2500-yards

Don't get me wrong I love AP but theres no way in hell 2500 is going to be possible, not for AP not for anybody.

Anybody have any opinions on if they think its possible or going to happen?
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Red Wings Past Present and Future!

I have learned to never doubt Adrian. The dude is a machine.
    I collect: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, D-Will, AI, Durantula
    Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings
    MY SITE:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (17)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Until AP shows that he CAN'T do something, I'll believe whatever he says about football.
    Building sets and only collecting Seahawks I like from now on.

He was basically their only offense on their run to the playoffs, so until a team can stop him, hand it to him 30+ times a game and let him go for it.
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 4/5/14

That's around 156 yds/game. The guy is a beast. I like his attitude and hope he makes it.
    Last edited by LancerArmstrong; 01-06-2013 at 01:23 AM.
    Hidden Content

High-end trade bucket
    : Hidden Content

he is a beast and hes incredible but i dont think its possilble. besides, in this day and age i dont think you can win like that. teams that win have elite quarterbacks not running backs
    collecting kevin faulk rcs, patriots, and georgia bulldogsHidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by wrigleyfield View Post
    I have learned to never doubt Adrian. The dude is a machine.
    This. I've never seen a running back dominate like he has this season. Although, I saw Barry Sanders play but they dominated in different ways. After the way he came back from injury, I won't judge what he says.
    Sports enthusiast. Green Bay Packer and Milwaukee Brewer fan.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing.” - Vince Lombardi
    Fan of Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Braun, and Clayton Kershaw - Kid K!
    Bucket, everything always for sale/trade Hidden Content

yes, if AP runs 30 times a game next yr, he'll wear down, and they won't win, because u do need to throw in this league now. i don't know if you need an elite qb, brady, rogers, p manning ,brees.You do need a good one.Unless ponder really develops or they trade for one, i don't know.

If he runs for that much it will be his last year playing. He'll blow his legs out doing that.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

No way he hits 2500. I don't think he will even hit 2000 again.

1) Making that type of statement makes teams determined to keep you from doing it. Just ask Chris Johnson, Jamal Lewis and Terrell Davis. Repeating as a 2000 yard rusher is harder than a team repeating as Super Bowl champs.

2) He averaged 6.0 yards per carry this year, which is a key factor in him getting 2000 yards. His career average (not counting this season) is 4.8 yards per carry and other than his rookie year and this year he has never averaged over 5.0 yards per carry for a season. So assuming he drops back down to his typical YPC average of around 4.8, he would have to carry the ball 520 times to hit 2500 yards. Even if he managed to average 6.0 yards per carry again he would have to get 416 carries and he has never carried the ball more than 363 times in a season.

The current record for carries in a season is 416. So he will have to break that record too if he is going to do 2500.
    Last edited by duane1969; 01-07-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast