Results 11 to 20 of 29
Thread: ROY who will win?
01-06-2013, 04:19 PM #11
01-06-2013, 07:12 PM #12
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM #13
I go with Luck. RGIII and Wilson have some nice rushing stats, but their passing numbers are lower than Luck's and they also had some solid talent to play with that Luck did not.
This is also a factor (in my opinion):
- The Colts went 11-5 with the 26th ranked defense and 22nd ranked rushing offense. Last year, before Luck the Colts were 2-14.
- The Seahawks went 11-5 with the 4th ranked defense and 3rd ranked rushing offense. Last year, before Wilson the Seahawks were 7-9.
- The Redskins went 10-6 with the 28th ranked defense and #1 ranked rushing offense (rushing ranking obviously being contributed to by RGIII). Last year, before RGIII the Redskins were 5-11.
So with a crappy running game and crappy defense the Colts had the biggest turn-around from last year. There is no doubt that RGIII and Wilson played a big role in their team's success, but Luck clearly made the biggest impact for his team. The Colts went from the worst team in the NFL to the #5 seed in the AFC solely because of Luck.
01-07-2013, 10:54 AM #14
And Luck had a 54% completion percentage while turning over the ball 23 times.
I really (and this is my opinion) don't see how anyone can make a stat based argument that favors Luck over RG3 or Wilson, Luck was just completely inferior to both overall.
01-07-2013, 10:34 PM #15
It's hard not to go with RG3 when you look at the stats sheet, but what Luck has done in Indy is remarkable. 2 win team to a playoff team is just remarkable. Wilson going in the 3rd round and getting red hot in the final months for his team to make the playoffs was really fun to watch. This was a really fun year for football.
I will be rooting for Wilson, and hopefully playoffs are included in the conversation.
01-07-2013, 10:39 PM #16
russell wilson will win it.
1. he has a playoff win
2. he almost broke peytons throwing td rc record for a qb
3. after all the talk of luck, rg3, weeden, and tannehill wilson seemingly came out of nowhere and was the contriversial starter from day one. if they somehow beat the falcons he will win it hands down.
luck will be the most probable over rg3. simply because he took the colts from 2-14 to 11-5 in one year with a bunch of rookies on offense. that will be hard to overlook no matter what rg3 did. i still think it will be wilson though.pc is spectra spectra spectra
01-07-2013, 10:46 PM #17
01-07-2013, 10:50 PM #18
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM #19
For point of reference. Looking at total stats, here is how they shape up. I added passing and rushing yards together for yards, passing and rushing TDs together for TDs and INTs and fumbles together for turnovers.
Luck - 4629 yards, 28 TDs, 23 turnovers
RGIII - 4015 yards, 27 TDs, turnovers 7
Wilson - 3607 yards, 30 TDs, 13 turnovers
If it is "only stat based" then Luck has a clear advantage in yards and RGIII has a clear advantage in turnovers. Like I said before, I think that when you look at these numbers you have to consider an x-factor which is what impact they had on their team and Luck clearly made the biggest impact in that area.
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM #20