Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bob Griffin

Alfred Morris
    No more international shipping for me with the new shipping rates, sorry.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I go with Luck. RGIII and Wilson have some nice rushing stats, but their passing numbers are lower than Luck's and they also had some solid talent to play with that Luck did not.

This is also a factor (in my opinion):
    - The Colts went 11-5 with the 26th ranked defense and 22nd ranked rushing offense. Last year, before Luck the Colts were 2-14.

- The Seahawks went 11-5 with the 4th ranked defense and 3rd ranked rushing offense. Last year, before Wilson the Seahawks were 7-9.

- The Redskins went 10-6 with the 28th ranked defense and #1 ranked rushing offense (rushing ranking obviously being contributed to by RGIII). Last year, before RGIII the Redskins were 5-11.

So with a crappy running game and crappy defense the Colts had the biggest turn-around from last year. There is no doubt that RGIII and Wilson played a big role in their team's success, but Luck clearly made the biggest impact for his team. The Colts went from the worst team in the NFL to the #5 seed in the AFC solely because of Luck.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I go with Luck. RGIII and Wilson have some nice rushing stats, but their passing numbers are lower than Luck's and they also had some solid talent to play with that Luck did not.

This is also a factor (in my opinion):
    - The Colts went 11-5 with the 26th ranked defense and 22nd ranked rushing offense. Last year, before Luck the Colts were 2-14.

- The Seahawks went 11-5 with the 4th ranked defense and 3rd ranked rushing offense. Last year, before Wilson the Seahawks were 7-9.

- The Redskins went 10-6 with the 28th ranked defense and #1 ranked rushing offense (rushing ranking obviously being contributed to by RGIII). Last year, before RGIII the Redskins were 5-11.

So with a crappy running game and crappy defense the Colts had the biggest turn-around from last year. There is no doubt that RGIII and Wilson played a big role in their team's success, but Luck clearly made the biggest impact for his team. The Colts went from the worst team in the NFL to the #5 seed in the AFC solely because of Luck.
    If you're gonna use team records (which I'm not sure what that has to do with a stat based award), it's nice to add the Colts had the 3rd easiest schedule in the league this year.

And Luck had a 54% completion percentage while turning over the ball 23 times.

I really (and this is my opinion) don't see how anyone can make a stat based argument that favors Luck over RG3 or Wilson, Luck was just completely inferior to both overall.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

It's hard not to go with RG3 when you look at the stats sheet, but what Luck has done in Indy is remarkable. 2 win team to a playoff team is just remarkable. Wilson going in the 3rd round and getting red hot in the final months for his team to make the playoffs was really fun to watch. This was a really fun year for football.

I will be rooting for Wilson, and hopefully playoffs are included in the conversation.
    Main PC: Broncos/Montee Ball/Chris Borland/ Mike Glennon
    Looking for Fleer Retro(or older Metal) Metal Universe/GEMS Cards

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content /Hidden Content

russell wilson will win it.

1. he has a playoff win
    2. he almost broke peytons throwing td rc record for a qb
    3. after all the talk of luck, rg3, weeden, and tannehill wilson seemingly came out of nowhere and was the contriversial starter from day one. if they somehow beat the falcons he will win it hands down.

luck will be the most probable over rg3. simply because he took the colts from 2-14 to 11-5 in one year with a bunch of rookies on offense. that will be hard to overlook no matter what rg3 did. i still think it will be wilson though.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    russell wilson will win it.

1. he has a playoff win
    2. he almost broke peytons throwing td rc record for a qb
    3. after all the talk of luck, rg3, weeden, and tannehill wilson seemingly came out of nowhere and was the contriversial starter from day one. if they somehow beat the falcons he will win it hands down.

luck will be the most probable over rg3. simply because he took the colts from 2-14 to 11-5 in one year with a bunch of rookies on offense. that will be hard to overlook no matter what rg3 did. i still think it will be wilson though.
    Voting took place before the playoff games...that being said I think that RG3 should win.
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

Quote Originally Posted by wrigleyfield View Post
    Blair Wal$h!
    +1

But in all seriousness should go to RGIII imo
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Red Wings Past Present and Future!
    Several new cards added to my COMC port: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    If you're gonna use team records (which I'm not sure what that has to do with a stat based award), it's nice to add the Colts had the 3rd easiest schedule in the league this year.

And Luck had a 54% completion percentage while turning over the ball 23 times.

I really (and this is my opinion) don't see how anyone can make a stat based argument that favors Luck over RG3 or Wilson, Luck was just completely inferior to both overall.
    Where is it stated that the NFL ROY is based only on stats? The ROY award is voted on by the AP...translation, the media. If you think that they will only look at stats and not look at how a player impacted his team or the game then you are mistaken. It very well may be RGIII or Wilson who wins, but I don't imagine a single reporter or commentator will ignore the Colts going from 2-14 to 11-5.

EDIT:

For point of reference. Looking at total stats, here is how they shape up. I added passing and rushing yards together for yards, passing and rushing TDs together for TDs and INTs and fumbles together for turnovers.

Luck - 4629 yards, 28 TDs, 23 turnovers
    RGIII - 4015 yards, 27 TDs, turnovers 7
    Wilson - 3607 yards, 30 TDs, 13 turnovers

If it is "only stat based" then Luck has a clear advantage in yards and RGIII has a clear advantage in turnovers. Like I said before, I think that when you look at these numbers you have to consider an x-factor which is what impact they had on their team and Luck clearly made the biggest impact in that area.
    Last edited by duane1969; 01-08-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Where is it stated that the NFL ROY is based only on stats? The ROY award is voted on by the AP...translation, the media. If you think that they will only look at stats and not look at how a player impacted his team or the game then you are mistaken. It very well may be RGIII or Wilson who wins, but I don't imagine a single reporter or commentator will ignore the Colts going from 2-14 to 11-5.
    Stats > narratives.

But since you reference their record, I'm quite surprised to see you ignore that it was the 3rd easiest schedule in the league, or that Luck turned it over 23 times, or that he had a 54% completion percentage...
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast