Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

In BC possession for personal use is a $50 fine with no chance of jail time until X offences, much like parking/speeding tickets, so to me that is a harsh punishment.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That is the difference between a society that condones or accepts majuana use as opposed to one that does not. Compared to many other countries the US is soft on marijuana. In Austria possession and use carries a penalty of up to 1 year in prison. If you have over 12 grams in your possession you can get 5-10 years in Hungary. In Japan you get up to 5 years for possession and up to 10 years for selling. In Cyprus you can get up to 8 years for possession and up to life for use.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Our penalty for minor drug possession is pretty minimal IMO. If you go to certain states there is basically no penalty. My wife was in Portland for a Federal meeting and was shocked to see people sitting around on benches and riding the ferry smoking weed.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You still do jail for possession offenses, which is stupid in my opinion. Regardless, you're drunk driving laws are too soft and, when compared to Canada and Western Europe, you have archaic and pointless drug laws. Do you seriously believe marijuana is the same level of drug as heroin but cocaine isn't as bad? The USDEA does.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Actually penalties for cocaine and heroin are MUCH harsher than marijuana. They are all classified as controlled substances, but carry different penalties. First possession of cocaine is still a misdemeanor, but carries a harsher penalty of 90 days to 6 months in jail and $1000 fine. Selling cocaine or heroin is 1-15 years in prison.

In all honesty, I think your perception of US drug laws is a bit off. While certain penalties exist, rarely does a first time offender get more than a slap on the wrist for weed. I personally know someone that got caught with a small amount of weed and only got a $50 fine. Most European countries have similar laws to ours but also don't enforce them heavily. Countries like Belgium, France, Germany and Italy all have laws against marijuana.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Tell that to minor drug offenders. I think your government (as well as a great portion of those who vote for them) have their priorities way out of whack.

CHURCH!!

Also the guy did get off easy. The incident happened in Alexandria, VA. I am from the DC area and used to kick it in Alexandria and can tell you from personal experience Virginia is not the place that you want to get in trouble in.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Our penalty for minor drug possession is pretty minimal IMO. If you go to certain states there is basically no penalty. My wife was in Portland for a Federal meeting and was shocked to see people sitting around on benches and riding the ferry smoking weed.

So do you think those people should be in jail? If so, why do you want to pay for that?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Actually penalties for cocaine and heroin are MUCH harsher than marijuana. They are all classified as controlled substances, but carry different penalties. First possession of cocaine is still a misdemeanor, but carries a harsher penalty of 90 days to 6 months in jail and $1000 fine. Selling cocaine or heroin is 1-15 years in prison.

In all honesty, I think your perception of US drug laws is a bit off. While certain penalties exist, rarely does a first time offender get more than a slap on the wrist for weed. I personally know someone that got caught with a small amount of weed and only got a $50 fine. Most European countries have similar laws to ours but also don't enforce them heavily. Countries like Belgium, France, Germany and Italy all have laws against marijuana.

Actually the USDEA Chas marijuana and heroin listed as Class 1 or "the worst" and cocaine is a Class 2 or "not as bad as Class 1" narcotic.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Funny how a political figure gets a slap on the wrist.Just like Lindsay Lohan or an athlete no biggie go ahead and break the law.An ounce a pound IT IS ILLEGAL PERIOD.If that were me or you we would not get all the breaks.And what makes it worse i work in law enforcement they are even tougher because your held to a higher standard.But our nations so called leaders are not.Mularkey I tell you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast