Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maybe the site isn't as bad as some think

Ok with the slow down in trades I went looking again on facebook. Worst mistake ever

In the days I joined a group on there I got offers like these:

all 32 nfl teams sweet Spot auto cards cash offers of $32 and $45.
    I had another guy tell me he bought a Sweet Spot auto card here on scf for $2 shipped.
    Another person contacting me wanting a $25bv auto for $4 shipped or he would give me $10 in Trade value for it.
    Another person picked out 4 cards with a bv of $100 and offered me a $8 bv card for them

So maybe its not as bad here as we think.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgehenryCollec View Post
    Ok with the slow down in trades I went looking again on facebook. Worst mistake ever

In the days I joined a group on there I got offers like these:

all 32 nfl teams sweet Spot auto cards cash offers of $32 and $45.
    I had another guy tell me he bought a Sweet Spot auto card here on scf for $2 shipped.
    Another person contacting me wanting a $25bv auto for $4 shipped or he would give me $10 in Trade value for it.
    Another person picked out 4 cards with a bv of $100 and offered me a $8 bv card for them

So maybe its not as bad here as we think.
    Yeah well, personally I think this site has bit itself in the butt by allowing sites with forums to advertise. No better way to shoot yourself in the foot then telling your customers to go to another well known internet card sales site that also has a well working forum and plenty of group breaks (sorry, not saying who, I'm not a fan and will not mention them).

I want to advertise on here and do my group breaks, but their isn't enough happening on this site to justify the price. They might have thousands of members, but not many of them show up. Would love to help build this site back to what it was, but they make it really hard to do so.

As for your issues with offers. Not many people use BV anymore. It's all ebay value at this point. Even then, good luck getting ebay price without giving up your fee savings, sometimes even more than that. Only way you get more is if you have an extremely rare card that doesn't hit ebay too often and they just have to have it.
    Hidden Content
    Bowman and Museum Collection Baseball Group Breaks NOW ON SALE!!!
    Hidden Content

i agree with the OP. he's saying even when trading by bv or sv they arent giving even trade offers. it doesnt really matter what kind of value you put on it. as long as the other party offers something of same or similar value within the same value system. most of the traders on this site are true collectors and will make decent trades. most of the other sites people are there cause there are little restrictions and they can try to capitolize on everything. now yes everyone does this to an extent, but not to the extreme. wanting to get a little etra on a trade is different than wanting to get way more than its worth, or give practically nothing to what its worth in any value system. most traders (not all) use sites like facebook and youtube cause its easy to get away with unfair trades or sales. before anyone says anything about perspective as to whats fair and what isnt we all have general perspective as to whats fair. im not a lawyer and this site isnt a court room, so there's no need to get overly specific about it.

this site holds more integrity than most if not all when it comes to the traders that use this site and stay here. thats hard to find with the way the world is today. i use this site and ebay only. i wont go to another one for very good reason. when i find something that works i stick with it.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    i agree with the OP. he's saying even when trading by bv or sv they arent giving even trade offers. it doesnt really matter what kind of value you put on it. as long as the other party offers something of same or similar value within the same value system. most of the traders on this site are true collectors and will make decent trades. most of the other sites people are there cause there are little restrictions and they can try to capitolize on everything. now yes everyone does this to an extent, but not to the extreme. wanting to get a little etra on a trade is different than wanting to get way more than its worth, or give practically nothing to what its worth in any value system. most traders (not all) use sites like facebook and youtube cause its easy to get away with unfair trades or sales. before anyone says anything about perspective as to whats fair and what isnt we all have general perspective as to whats fair. im not a lawyer and this site isnt a court room, so there's no need to get overly specific about it.

this site holds more integrity than most if not all when it comes to the traders that use this site and stay here. thats hard to find with the way the world is today. i use this site and ebay only. i wont go to another one for very good reason. when i find something that works i stick with it.
    You hit the Nail right on the head.
    Hidden Content
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

I have never traded on any other site,so I have nothing to compare it to,but I have found that most members on scf are fair and will work with you.I don't go by bv,I'm the type of trader that hey if you have a card I want and I have a card you want I'm not going to haggle over a few dollars,might not throw in as many extras as usual but I'll still trade.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Agreed... I can see wanting more on a trade if you are taking something back that you will just need to trade again. I have a Football link in my sig with prices all around or below ebay. And when someone wants to buy something, they always ask for a better price. Last Luck sold for $250 and I'm at $225, but they want to know if I can do better? Way too many cheap buyers on here. Had another guy who really wanted my Museum Collection Kimbrel booklet 4x jersey auto #1/10. None have ever hit ebay. So of course he tried to tell me I was overvaluing my card and that it shouldn't be worth more than a Braun patch /10? Yet I could show him other /10 Kimbrels that sold for well over $100. And all I wanted in trade was a Diamond Giveaway Die Cut Babe Ruth and Clemente #/99 that I had no intention of keeping for myself.

No matter where you go, someone will always try to get one over on ya. You just need to be smart enough to say no.
    Hidden Content
    Bowman and Museum Collection Baseball Group Breaks NOW ON SALE!!!
    Hidden Content

well im sure you know almost everyone will always undercut your price no matter what it is. thats why i set a low price and stick to it. i wont budge. most think you will, and most people do, but i dont. im strait forward. it saves time to move on to something else. there's also the people that want something you have but only want it at what value it has to them. its not that they are trying to get one over on you, (although plenty people do that), they just want to get it at what they feel its worth to them and they arent willing to meet somewhere in the middle. its best to set your lowest price and leave it. trust me they will know if its a good price or not. if they ask whats your lowest price tell them thats it. they either move on or they try to find a way to come up with the money. worse case you know you can sell it on ebay and get the same amount so its no skin off your back. the bad apples give the majority a bad rapor and we often use the wrong words to describe someones purpose or motive. the way i see it is if someone wants it they will pay for it. if they want it for the money value and not the card then they wont get it. sometimes i buy and sell here cause its a little less hassle, but most of my buying and selling is done on ebay. for me its ususally the smaller trades i do here cause its less expensive than paying for shipping 3 times for 3 $1 cards.

I found it a lot harder to sell on eBay than on this site and I don't even have Paypal. The amount of fools on eBay was nauseating and what was once fun became a daily chore as the bad outweighed the good.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

yeah ebay can be a pain which is why i start here first.however i will go to ebay and ususally do most of the time. yes its to get the most for what i sell, but i turn around and use that money to get something else i want, or need. if i get a reasonable offer here i'll take it and i have. even with the hassle sometimes its better for me to go to ebay. especially when i can turn right around and get exactly what im looking for. if i can trade for it i would rather do that as well, but a lot of the time its easier to just pick something up from ebay than try to find it here and hope i can trade for it. i get what i can through this site, and get extra stuff. everything else i run on ebay.

yeah ebay can be a pain which is why i start here first.however i will go to ebay and ususally do most of the time. yes its to get the most for what i sell, but i turn around and use that money to get something else i want, or need. if i get a reasonable offer here i'll take it and i have. even with the hassle sometimes its better for me to go to ebay. especially when i can turn right around and get exactly what im looking for. if i can trade for it i would rather do that as well, but a lot of the time its easier to just pick something up from ebay than try to find it here and hope i can trade for it. i get what i can through this site, and get extra stuff. everything else i run on ebay.
    I get your ebay stance. But that only works on specific players. Not all. I try to trade for pc players and buy them also. Unfortunately my guys are scrubs and finding anything new becomes hard on any site. As for the one guy who offered me the $1 per sweet Spot auto well that guy started the convo with
    " I know you are trying to make a mint on these losers and junk but all they are worth are a $1 a piece so my offer is $32"
    Problem I had with that was I never stated a price and I had just put them in my trade/sale folder. So he started with an assumption and came out like a scammer. Cause if it was all "Junk" why even make any offer. The way I see it if I make an offer on a scrub player its cause I want that card. I don't start out by saying its junk. And I don't act like I am privileged at any point.
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast