Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I always chuckle at how down some folks get at their ST mailers. I have gotten some great names via ST every year that I have done this. Realize that some do take time to get in. Yes, I agree that King Albert might not be signing his stuff. He does not during the regular season as well. The best first baseman in the game Votto has signed each of the last three years ST request I sent and yeah they take about a year. Hamilton does his ST stuff again in like a year. Kershaw again is like a seaon wait. Hitting the big names is always a crap shoot. Prospects and minor stars are always the way to big success percentages. Buster Posey and David Price three years back was a good return for me. I doubt that I will be lucky enough to get them ever again via TTM. Joe Kelly or Kevin Gausman would be perfect guys to try now. They are not the biggest prospects for their team but still big prospects. Guys on smaller market teams like Cincy, KC, Twins, Indians, Astros, Padres and Pirates are good bets. Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies are usually a waste of stamps for any players of note. I take some risks as without risks there are no rewards. I balance those risks with good bets as well. I take a shot at Tony Perez and balance that with Juan Samuel. I am thrilled to get a Juan Samuel and he is a great signer. I am shocked when a Tony Perez comes through for me. Right now I have like 27 of around 150 I mailed back from ST I will be shocked if I do not get to 75 envelopes back.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country

I always chuckle at how down some folks get at their ST mailers. I have gotten some great names via ST every year that I have done this. Realize that some do take time to get in. Yes, I agree that King Albert might not be signing his stuff. He does not during the regular season as well. The best first baseman in the game Votto has signed each of the last three years ST request I sent and yeah they take about a year. Hamilton does his ST stuff again in like a year. Kershaw again is like a seaon wait. Hitting the big names is always a crap shoot. Prospects and minor stars are always the way to big success percentages. Buster Posey and David Price three years back was a good return for me. I doubt that I will be lucky enough to get them ever again via TTM. Joe Kelly or Kevin Gausman would be perfect guys to try now. They are not the biggest prospects for their team but still big prospects. Guys on smaller market teams like Cincy, KC, Twins, Indians, Astros, Padres and Pirates are good bets. Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies are usually a waste of stamps for any players of note. I take some risks as without risks there are no rewards. I balance those risks with good bets as well. I take a shot at Tony Perez and balance that with Juan Samuel. I am thrilled to get a Juan Samuel and he is a great signer. I am shocked when a Tony Perez comes through for me. Right now I have like 27 of around 150 I mailed back from ST I will be shocked if I do not get to 75 envelopes back.

ok
    Last edited by Captain; 03-06-2013 at 08:42 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rindo03461's Items on eBay

indyreds-Well said!!! I mostly try the prospects because of their success rate and its great to follow them once you get a success. Expecting a bunch of big names to respond is a recipe for disappointment.

BANNED

Country

indyreds-Well said!!! I mostly try the prospects because of their success rate and its great to follow them once you get a success. Expecting a bunch of big names to respond is a recipe for disappointment.

agreed

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (28)
    Country
    See jaydub2001's Items on eBay

I have tried Gio twice already with no return...too bad as he was a great signer with the A's. As for Spring Training, I got four more successes today.

Julio Morban- 3/3 (c/o Seattle Mariners)
    Adalberto Mondesi- 3/3 (c/o Kansas City Royals)
    Anthony Santander- 3/3 (c/o Cleveland Indians)
    Lewis Brinson- 3/3 (c/o Texas Rangers)

Does Adalberto Modesi have any cards issued yet? I don't recall seeing him in any prospect sets.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lucas Duda 1/1 in about 5 days

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nothing today again but I'm in no rush.. I know how this goes even though it's the first year of me really posting.. plus most of the guys I sent to know who I am already so maybe when they recognize the name it'll sink in lol

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Added these guys to my list: 1987 Topps Mark Salas sent to him twice on accident (both came back), 2012 AG Drew Pomeranz and Gavin Floyd plus 2012 Heritage Jed Lowrie
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Seems like the Nats are RTS requests this spring. Already a RTS from Gio

I've seen a few Nats success from Espinosa and a few minors. Schu must not be there for ST. He is a minor league coach anyways.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Buster Posey and David Price three years back was a good return for me..

Back in 2006 I got a TTM return from Robby Cano

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast