Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See auktions_welpe's Items on eBay

with the lockout over, are we going to see SPA, The Cup RCs of Yakupov etc. ?

do you think that we are going to see Yakupov's (+all the other new guys)
    RC cards this year (SPA, Cup, Ultimate etc.) ?
    or is it already too late and we have a stacked (cardwise) RC crop next year ?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

I think it'd obviously be wise for UD to include yakupov, galchyn, etc etc , but then all of the products would probably be delayed, and then they'd have to schedule autograph signings, and that'd be hard since most of the players would be playing every other night. ..unless yakupov, galchyn, Murray have already pre signed their cards..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

..unless yakupov, galchyn, Murray have already pre signed their cards..

They could have pre signed stickers but theres no way they culd have pre signed cards, the companies wouldn't have been able to make any cards as the players were never on the ice and never had a chance for any photos to be taken to be used on the cards.

If Yakupov etc are included in upcoming sets, they are either going to be delayed or they are going to be redemption city.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Also players need to play at least one match to be eligible. So yes they will be redemption for any jersey and or auto. UD2 should do better for the YG as it's later in the season and only need a image.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Of course you will. Those products wouldn't move off the shelves without the RC content. Just expect everything to be released later than normal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

So what are the sets to look for? Which companies were looking to have a good run before the LO happened? I am just getting back into collecting after 20 years, and am sort of overwhelmed. I have heard Panini is the best...not looking for high end, just a good solid set to get my feet in again

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

Yeah, anything that comes with sticker autos shouldn't see any delay, since the contract with the PA has no impact on whether there's hockey being played or not. Memorabilia and hard signed will probably see a delay, but compared to SPA being like 5 months late and 11/12 Cup not being released until after the early 12/13 products were on the shelves, it shouldn't really be any worse - especially if they just go the redemption route in SPA/SPX etc.

@xpucksx - UD2 will probably be your first safe bet, since UD shouldn't (with a grain of salt) have any issue getting Yakupov, Murray, etc... into the Young Gun set, and they might even be able to get them into the Rookie Materials subset with some photo shoot / draft day jersey swatches.
    After that, it's going to be kind of a crapshoot until the mid-year sets start coming out, and companies have had time to adapt to the start of the season and get the resources into their products. I would just be very careful and do your research on anything that comes out between now and the 13/14 season before you buy it, look for press releases and checklists to make sure that the pack-out is worth the price they're charging.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I expect UD2 to be worth the buy as well. I would hold off on 2012-13 products until the new rookie crop shows up in the checklist.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Sdig14's Items on eBay

I'm still waiting for redemptions from last years SPA, why not load up some more for this year as well?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

Yeah, anything that comes with sticker autos shouldn't see any delay, since the contract with the PA has no impact on whether there's hockey being played or not. Memorabilia and hard signed will probably see a delay, but compared to SPA being like 5 months late and 11/12 Cup not being released until after the early 12/13 products were on the shelves, it shouldn't really be any worse - especially if they just go the redemption route in SPA/SPX etc.

@xpucksx - UD2 will probably be your first safe bet, since UD shouldn't (with a grain of salt) have any issue getting Yakupov, Murray, etc... into the Young Gun set, and they might even be able to get them into the Rookie Materials subset with some photo shoot / draft day jersey swatches.
    After that, it's going to be kind of a crapshoot until the mid-year sets start coming out, and companies have had time to adapt to the start of the season and get the resources into their products. I would just be very careful and do your research on anything that comes out between now and the 13/14 season before you buy it, look for press releases and checklists to make sure that the pack-out is worth the price they're charging.

I expect UD2 to be worth the buy as well. I would hold off on 2012-13 products until the new rookie crop shows up in the checklist.

Thanks for the help guys. I am glad you are mentioning UD cause I always have liked the way they look. I have heard that they have gone thru some changes since when they first came out, which is when I got out of collecting for money reasons. Can't wait to get some and see where it heads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast