Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 514cards's Items on eBay

Wondering what to do with 1200$ ??? Cup ? Singles?

Hey guys as some of you may know I'm putting together the cup rookie set. I'm wondering if you guys think i should spend 1200 on singles or be risky and get a case and go for a big hit? Any open any cases and got feedback ? I think it'll be a lot of fun opening the product as well. Let me know! Thanks guys :)

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Riley_NBHC's Items on eBay

Personally, I have never opened a box over $100. So maybe I am not the best guy to give advise. However, I do know a decent amount about products. If I were you, I would go with some high-end boxes and some low-end boxes but still solid boxes. So about $800 spent there. Then spend $200 on singles. Then save the other $200 for a rainy day when it is needed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Personally, I have never opened a box over $100. So maybe I am not the best guy to give advise. However, I do know a decent amount about products. If I were you, I would go with some high-end boxes and some low-end boxes but still solid boxes. So about $800 spent there. Then spend $200 on singles. Then save the other $200 for a rainy day when it is needed.

thanks I was just thinking if you get a cAse you guarantee a case hit which must make back a good amount of your money off that.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Riley_NBHC's Items on eBay

thanks I was just thinking if you get a cAse you guarantee a case hit which must make back a good amount of your money off that.

Well you may have just answered your question to your thread!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I'm looking for reviews mainly on how products been. Sorry I'm very confusing lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

If you're working on a set, I suppose it would depend on two things:
    1) what cards do you already have in it, and
    2) how dissapointed you would be if you didn't get a major set piece or sell-able item.

My only experience with the Cup directly yielded some scrub RCs, printing plates, and a "case hit" of a Mike Richards nameplate 1/1, which paid for the tin it was in but none of the other 3 or 4 that were opened.

I personally would probably blow that wad on a case of SPX and a tin of Cup or whatever other high end I could afford with the leftover, but I do it for the thrill, not for any one particular collection.

If you're specifically into a Cup rookie set, I think you're MUCH better off shopping for singles than trying for a case.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also are there case hits per 6 boxes or per 3 boxes?

SCF Rewards
    Country

There's usually a "case hit" with each 6 box case of Cup. Whether you get one in a 3 box case, is less certain. Whether any "case hit" will yield big bucks, isn't a sure thing. Keep in mind that the wax is hand-packed and you may not agree on the card designated by the person putting the case together, as being a true "case hit". I've opened several factory sealed cases and questioned the "case hit" and I've also opened two Cup cases and found absolutely no case hit. So there are no guarantees when opening any wax. Finding a real valuable card is a gamble. You need to decide if the thrill of opening the wax will be worth the money spent, if you don't score big. If your real goal is to complete the Cup rookie card set, then it's likely better you buy singles, if your end reward will be a completed set and you'll find satisfaction in that.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (9)
    Country
    See baddaddy58's Items on eBay

Hey guys as some of you may know I'm putting together the cup rookie set. I'm wondering if you guys think i should spend 1200 on singles or be risky and get a case and go for a big hit? Any open any cases and got feedback ? I think it'll be a lot of fun opening the product as well. Let me know! Thanks guys :)

Hi there.
    Everyone has an opinion so here is mine.
    Opening The Cup is a crap shoot - gamble at best. For $1200 you must be talking about a 3 box case of The Cup.
    Sure you might get lucky and hit a big rookie but i highly doubt it.There may a truly sweet hit or something middle of the road.
    There is a big rush when you see a decoy in a tin of The Cup but does not guarantee what you expect.

You should use the $1200 for singles.
    I hope you have some of the Cup rookies already as $1200 will not put much of a dent in the 6 rookies /99
    Nugent-Hopkins , Landeskog , Scheifele , Hodgson , Leblanc and Couturier.

Have you set yourself a target such 2 color or 3 color patches or better.
    The more colors and nicer the patch the more the set will cost you.

If you need some help with your set feel free to PM me.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

I think it's may be worth the gamble when the product come out and you reserve your case. Let me explain, it's much easier to move other cards to then buy RC you need when the product is hot. Then when the buzz die down and big collector got their cards for their PC, demand is less so your earning would be less too. The cup like any other product is always a gamble Ud serie 1 or The cup is no different. Except that if the case does not yeild much big name, then your loss is much bigger on The cup. So it's really up to you to decide if you go for the gamble or not. I bought some tin of the cup and certain cards took year up to 5 years to move and other are still in my traders section. So if you can't sell all cards then it's hard to get your money back unless you put them as auction no reserve. Then you get what ever the bid is.

So there is no way to tell as it's a probablility thing. But more risky to do a case, many months after the hype because demand is always lower. If I was you, I would go with singles. easier to reach your set goal that way and do not have to resale cards.
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 01-06-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast