Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rant

Rant

I'm not mad, it's borderline hilarious. Just thought I would share my two odd experiences - both on another site. Why do I stray from home? why?

#1 - I advertise a card for sale with the price clearly stated of $10 OBO two days ago. A couple people respond and I reply to both. Today I received a PM asking if I will take $5 for it.

I said, it is already sold. I sold it on another site in a lot. I was straightforward and polite.

This is the response "What? I had messaged u before. U better learn on here as a seller that the first person interested gets first chance. I'm chill I was just gonna have it in my store but just a little heads up =chajones]"

I wouldn't have sold the card for $5 anyway, so there is no point in arguing, but I don't get it. Is there a rule on this site that I have to wait for 2+ days for someone to counter and then I decline before I sell to someone else who is willing to pay my asking price? Do I have to sell at half price to the first person that posts on my for sale thread? LOL

Heck after a day, you wouldn't think anyone would even respond to the PM. How long do I have to wait?

By the way, the guy joined less than a month ago and has zero feedback. What in the world is he providing me with trading lessons for?

#2 - advertised that I had $7 available for Chrome stuff. No autos, no refractors, just plain rookies of decent to good players. A guy responds with a long list of 2012 rookies he has. I point out 6 cards that I am interested in. Trent Richardson, 2 Kirk Cousins, Osweiller, David Wilson and one more I can't remember (certainly not an RG3, Luck, R Wilson etc.) Anyway, the guy says "will you pay $7 for those 6?". I reply "yes, that sounds good, send me your paypal info". He responds "Whats the most you would pay for those 6 cards?"

Seriously? You responded to my add that said it was for $7. You offered them to me for $7. Then you ask me what's the most I will pay? Guess what I will pay zero as you are now on my ignore list! LOL

I'm not mad, it's not a serious rant and I know we have all had these kinds of silly experiences, just thought I would share.

Chris
    Hidden Content

Find these Bill Dudley inserts and make big $$$
    Dudley Autos: 230 and counting!
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

2. Wata Photo
    Yeah... you are now on my ignore list. I can't believe you're treating people like this, and than making a thread "bragging" about it. How'd you ever get 1489 positive transactions here alone?

Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

I know, I am an abuser!!!!
    Hidden Content

If I added members to my ignore list for dumb things they did, I probably wouldn't be able to see 95% of the post on this site.

Well I only have a few. I thought that was borderline mental.
    Hidden Content

I wouldn't have sold the card for $5 anyway, so there is no point in arguing, but I don't get it. Is there a rule on this site that I have to wait for 2+ days for someone to counter and then I decline before I sell to someone else who is willing to pay my asking price? Do I have to sell at half price to the first person that posts on my for sale thread? LOL

as far as im concerned he who waits loses out. i personally wont hold on to something for anyone unless i already agreed to it ahead of time. its no different than putting in a best offer on ebay. it dont matter who put the first one in. if someone comes along and wants to pay the right price then they get it. if someone doesnt like that then they need to get it while its available. people want something then they should get it and not peddlefoot around. ive had that happen to me as well. i just tell them they didnt commit to it and someone else did so thats who got it.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

El oh el. Happening a lot to me on you tube lately

go get'em Chris!........you should know better than to stray, at least here you know who the idiots are!
    SCF Inventory: Hidden Content
    Football Bucket: Hidden Content
    Baseball Bucket:Hidden Content
    Hockey Bucket:Hidden Content
    Basketball Bucket: Hidden Content

LMAO - that's true!!!! How ya doing my friend?
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mess0312 View Post
    go get'em Chris!........you should know better than to stray, at least here you know who the idiots are!
    this is kind of funny but makes me think at the sme time :)
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast