Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rant

Quote Originally Posted by chajones View Post
    Well I only have a few. I thought that was borderline mental.
    I can deal with mental, I can't deal with stupid.

Am I the only one on this site who never has problems? I've made a lot of great deals w/ the people here. It's been nothing but pleasurable.
    Hidden Content

High-end trade bucket
    : Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by LancerArmstrong View Post
    Am I the only one on this site who never has problems? I've made a lot of great deals w/ the people here. It's been nothing but pleasurable.
    Some people see problems where others don't. Maybe you are that laid back guy that nothing bothers so you don't see them as problems. I also think, and this is NOT aimed at anyone in particular whether they posted here or not, that some people invite problems even if they don't realize it. We all like to think our practices are perfect and that no one should have a problem with them but are they really? Is your ad perfect? Are your responses perfect? Id your communication perfect? You may think so and most other people may think so but maybe not everyone does. In a lot of cases, certainly not all, if you really analyzed the entire deal from beginning to end I'm sure that there would be something you could have done better. Often times its this one thing that causes people to make trouble.

Then again some people are just dirtbags and nothing is ever good enough for them.
    Steve Schindler

Collect what you want to collect. Collect players and cards that you like. Collect what you can afford. Collect for you, not to try to impress someone else. If you do this you will much more likely to enjoy the hobby and stay with it.

this is why i dont do alot of my deal lots anymore. I had the first poster who just asked a simple q pull a tizzy once it was sold. I also had people worrying about the time stamp on their post! I mean come on it is just cardboard!
    Go Gators and Bears!
    I only collect Justin Blackmon and I guess I am getting in the SUPER collector range of Alshon Jeffery! Over 40 autos and rising!

Wow. Some people need to lighten up. I ask people if they would be willing to pull one card out of a lot if I want to trade or buy it and if they say no, then they say no. I have done a couple of lots on here and when I say no then that's that. I don't get any guff about it. By the way I will give you $2 for the already sold card!
    Collecting Bears (especially Urlacher), Browns, Jazz, Real Salt Lake, Cubs, and any former BYU players.
    Hidden Content

Actually Lancer I was saying that both of these occured on another site. I have much fewer issues here and should just stay here instead of moving around so much. I would say out of my 1500+ deals well less than 1% have been negative in any way. I'm pretty laid back as well.

I think the worst thing about the trading rules on this site is the 3 business days shipping requirement. Its not a business for me, it's a hobby. I have a job where I work long hours and work at home at nights and weekends as well when needed. I also have a wife and two kids. I got called out in a trade for waiting beyond the 3 days to ship. ugggh, get a life. A week or 10 days seems sufficient for a trading website. Sooner is great but I can't print postage on a daily basis. Anyway the guy was totally p----- about the whole situation.
    Hidden Content

Find these Bill Dudley inserts and make big $$$
    Dudley Autos: 230 and counting!
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

A week or 10 days seems sufficient for a trading website. Sooner is great but I can't print postage on a daily basis. .
    +1.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content Little access due to Laptop crash & Now trying to recover data
    I mail once a week on Saturday. If I forget to respond , just send me a reminder.
    Crosby : 205, Lemieux : 452, Bettis : 329, Hines Ward : 323

Actually Lancer I was saying that both of these occured on another site. I have much fewer issues here and should just stay here instead of moving around so much. I would say out of my 1500+ deals well less than 1% have been negative in any way. I'm pretty laid back as well.

I think the worst thing about the trading rules on this site is the 3 business days shipping requirement. Its not a business for me, it's a hobby. I have a job where I work long hours and work at home at nights and weekends as well when needed. I also have a wife and two kids. I got called out in a trade for waiting beyond the 3 days to ship. ugggh, get a life. A week or 10 days seems sufficient for a trading website. Sooner is great but I can't print postage on a daily basis. Anyway the guy was totally p----- about the whole situation.
    I agree, why would you stray? You know SCF is best. You are like the dude that has been married 25 years, but just has to try out the cheap $15 hooker on the corner LOL

FYI, the 3 day rule is not written in stone as long as you tell the person up front that you won't get it out in 3 days and just establish some sort of timeline and include it in the trade manager. For example, today is Thursday and if you told someone you can't ship until next Tuesday and they agree you would just add in the section where you list what cards you are sending "Cards will be shipped by 1/15 as agreed" and by confirming the trade they are agreeing to your shipping timeline and can not dispute it or leave neutral/negative feedback if you don't ship within 3 days.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12