Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    the bengals arent the pats and the texans only managed one td against their d, but the texans d took a big step back up to what they were playing like. if the texans play like they have been then no they wont win. At the same time when the texans are at their best they can beat anybody and they have. Will they play that way? Probably not. I will say this. Earlier this year everyone was talking about the pats record in the second half of the season over the last several years. That since 2007 they have won every game in the second half of the season except one. That one just happened to be the texans and it wasnt a pointless game where they sat out their starters. Thats just a stat. The texans offense is capable of way more than they have done. They just havent been clicking on offense for multiple reasons. If anyone watched them play the bengals they would have seen they had their offense moving all over the field. They were running their offense different than they have been. Kubiak was calling the game like he did last year and years past when their offense was really good. If he calls plays to the texans strengths and they actually score touchdowns in the red zone then this game will be very close the whole game. I just dont see that happening cause kubiak is stubborn and doesnt want to use what works because it isnt quick and flashy. As I said the texans are very capable of wining, but considering how well the whole team would have to perform I dont see it happening.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

My cousin lives in New Hampshire and her husband is a die-hard Patriots fan...if I didn't pick the Patriots, I think my life would be in jeopardy

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    the bengals arent the pats and the texans only managed one td against their d, but the texans d took a big step back up to what they were playing like. if the texans play like they have been then no they wont win. At the same time when the texans are at their best they can beat anybody and they have. Will they play that way? Probably not. I will say this. Earlier this year everyone was talking about the pats record in the second half of the season over the last several years. That since 2007 they have won every game in the second half of the season except one. That one just happened to be the texans and it wasnt a pointless game where they sat out their starters. Thats just a stat. The texans offense is capable of way more than they have done. They just havent been clicking on offense for multiple reasons. If anyone watched them play the bengals they would have seen they had their offense moving all over the field. They were running their offense different than they have been. Kubiak was calling the game like he did last year and years past when their offense was really good. If he calls plays to the texans strengths and they actually score touchdowns in the red zone then this game will be very close the whole game. I just dont see that happening cause kubiak is stubborn and doesnt want to use what works because it isnt quick and flashy. As I said the texans are very capable of wining, but considering how well the whole team would have to perform I dont see it happening.

that stat is wrong. they lost to the 49ers this year. that loss to the texans in week 17 was a worthless, meaningless game. it was the game welker shredded his knee. the starters sat soon after that i believe. belichick caught a lot of flack for that game.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

if the pats can stop foster like they did the first game, the texans are in for a long night. let's see if the texans are ready this time around for the "biggest game in their franchise history"

that and i just can't trust schaub to perform and kubiak to call the right game. that and the texans will need a huge lead to feel safe and i don't see the texans being able to build that lead. look at the 49er's game.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

I want the Texans to win, but they struggled to score against the Bengals. I'm fearing another blowout. However, I am a fan of Brady getting another ring...if he can get past the immortal Russell Wilson, that is.
    Hidden Content

High-end trade bucket
    : Hidden Content

Well they hardly used foster cause they were behind. Most of that had to do with kubiaks bad play calling. I dont care what anyone says schaub CAN throw the ball. That doesnt mean he will. Schaub threw for 527 yards against detroit this year. Only one person in history has thrown for more than that in a game and it wasnt brady. Not saying schaub is better. Just saying he is more than capable of it. When they threw that stat out with the pats loses that was 3 games before their san fran loss. I was just stating what everyone was bragging about. Is brady better than schaub? Of corse. Will the texans win? Probably not. Is it a real posibility the texans turn out a nearly perfect game and win? Yes. Thats why I said I dont think the texans will win, but I have seen far stranger things happen in football.

I agree. Schaub is a good QB, no doubt.

Maybe it was just me, but it looked like they were constantly forcing the ball to Johnson last game. Against the Bengals, they spread it around, more.

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    Well they hardly used foster cause they were behind. Most of that had to do with kubiaks bad play calling. I dont care what anyone says schaub CAN throw the ball. That doesnt mean he will. Schaub threw for 527 yards against detroit this year. Only one person in history has thrown for more than that in a game and it wasnt brady. Not saying schaub is better. Just saying he is more than capable of it. When they threw that stat out with the pats loses that was 3 games before their san fran loss. I was just stating what everyone was bragging about. Is brady better than schaub? Of corse. Will the texans win? Probably not. Is it a real posibility the texans turn out a nearly perfect game and win? Yes. Thats why I said I dont think the texans will win, but I have seen far stranger things happen in football.
    Hidden Content

High-end trade bucket
    : Hidden Content

I do agree with not trusting kubiak. If he called the right game then schaub would perform better. Its when schaub is doing a bunch of drop back pass plays that he sucks. Thats why I cant stand kubiak. He knows that yet through most of the season thats how he calls it. Schaub works great with PA, bootlegs, and timing routes. Kubiak knows this also, but rarely ever does it. This is why I was saying the texans need to fire him. Hes a horrible game manager. Unless his job is on the line lol

Yeah thats that drop back pass crap kubiak has been trying to shove down schaubs throat. Schaub has built his name on spreading the ball around the field. Short quick passes and running the ball is what the texans are outstanding at if kubiak uses it like he did against cincy. They just have to score tds when they get in the red zone

Wish I lived in Vegas. I would bet major cash on the Pats. The Pats are chock full of veteran players who know how to win and are playing at home. The Texans are massively overrated due to a soft schedule and have lost or barely won against every playoff caliber team they have faced. This one is a no-brainer. The only chance the Texans have is if Brady gets hurt and even then they might not be able to score, so they could still lose.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast