Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, I've been holding my tongue on this for a couple weeks, but now is just as good a time as any to tell you what I think...

Firstly, I wasn't too thrilled that he changed the terms of the 50/50 well after the trade was posted in TM, and had I known those were the terms I certainly would have sent different cards of each player...but the Heritage cards that I sent for the majority of the players in our deal were nicer than others that I had, so I thought I'd send the nicer stuff for the both of us. I understood at the time that with the guys that I had a deal for that there was a chance that only one item might get done; I guess that's the chance you take, but at the very least Adam would have some nice cards to try to get done at a later date, maybe even next season. As it possibly stands at this moment, I potentially have used my cards, my postage and my time to build his collection, and could end up with nothing in return. And yes, that doesn't make me too happy.

And what if we were talking $15 Official balls or jerseys. I'm sure there would be a lot more stink here if the host was keeping a signed jersey and sending only one home that wasn't signed. The fact that we're only dealing with cards here shouldn't really make a difference...a deal's a deal. I understand that he's "done all the work"...but he lives there, and he offered. He's had the pleasure of spending time at all those games soaking up the atmosphere while I've froze my ™™™ off up here all winter. And chances are he ended up with a lot of great sigs. as well.

So i'm in a wait and see mode. The guys that I sent I was hoping to fill some holes in my collection and thought there was a chance for some success...and maybe there is, but I really wasn't prepared to deal with disappointment that should have been avoided.

Just my take, for what it's worth.

BANNED

Country

Well, I've been holding my tongue on this for a couple weeks, but now is just as good a time as any to tell you what I think...

Firstly, I wasn't too thrilled that he changed the terms of the 50/50 well after the trade was posted in TM, and had I known those were the terms I certainly would have sent different cards of each player...but the Heritage cards that I sent for the majority of the players in our deal were nicer than others that I had, so I thought I'd send the nicer stuff for the both of us. I understood at the time that with the guys that I had a deal for that there was a chance that only one item might get done; I guess that's the chance you take, but at the very least Adam would have some nice cards to try to get done at a later date, maybe even next season. As it possibly stands at this moment, I potentially have used my cards, my postage and my time to build his collection, and could end up with nothing in return. And yes, that doesn't make me too happy.

And what if we were talking $15 Official balls or jerseys. I'm sure there would be a lot more stink here if the host was keeping a signed jersey and sending only one home that wasn't signed. The fact that we're only dealing with cards here shouldn't really make a difference...a deal's a deal. I understand that he's "done all the work"...but he lives there, and he offered. He's had the pleasure of spending time at all those games soaking up the atmosphere while I've froze my ™™™ off up here all winter. And chances are he ended up with a lot of great sigs. as well.

So i'm in a wait and see mode. The guys that I sent I was hoping to fill some holes in my collection and thought there was a chance for some success...and maybe there is, but I really wasn't prepared to deal with disappointment that should have been avoided.

Just my take, for what it's worth.

I agree with you that he should have informed us of the terms that he added a couple weeks ago but he is doing us a favor so we should let him keep the item.
    Last edited by Captain; 03-29-2013 at 06:11 PM.

BANNED

Country

I just got an update from Adam.
    Last edited by Captain; 03-29-2013 at 05:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I definitely agree with you Ryan.

Well you two need to stop doing 50/50 then. That's part of the risk implied with 50/50. You send and you may not get. No offense but both of you have unreal expectations. Adam is the only 50/50 that was nice enough to send text updates that I participated in.
    My returns on the other 2 i took part in
    1/20 and 2/50
    If you want updates and guarantees your card is first to be signed try a consignment.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...CF-50-50-Rules!
    Didn't see anything in here that said the sender of cards has to get theirs signed first.

BANNED

Country

Well you two need to stop doing 50/50 then. That's part of the risk implied with 50/50. You send and you may not get. No offense but both of you have unreal expectations. Adam is the only 50/50 that was nice enough to send text updates that I participated in.
    My returns on the other 2 i took part in
    1/20 and 2/50
    If you want updates and guarantees your card is first to be signed try a consignment.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...CF-50-50-Rules!
    Didn't see anything in here that said the sender of cards has to get theirs signed first.

I appreciate Adam for doing this and I do 50/50 for others myself so I know the time that is needed to do this. So J_A_S_Z, I am not being disrespect here nor am I having unreal expectations. What I meant is that I agreed with Ryan in that a "majority of minor leagues sign multiples" so please do not take things out of context.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tweeter167's Items on eBay

I agree with him to keep the auto if he only get 1. yes they are your cards, balls, photos or whatever, but did you have to pay for the ticket into the game, what about the gas to drive around the state going to the games, that stuff isnt free. I had a few players that I need for my set and in the beginning I told him if he gets only 1 signed Ill pay him for it, this way we both win. Yes, he does this for his own pleasure, but he offered to help pretty much everyone out and IMO he should get to keep an item if its the only one he could get signed. Remember it was his time and his money that was spent on him helping us out.

Heres a question, how many of you sent him a few bucks for helping you out?(maybe 10%) I know I did, I figured I send him a few bucks to maybe buy a ticket or 2. Stop being so damn greedy and only thinking about yourselves.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

I have done 50/50s with Adam before and he isn't trying to scam people with that rule. Last year I sent him probably close to 100 items and he got most of them for me. There was only like 2 of them that he only got 1 signed for. For me it really wasn't a big deal as he had so much success

BANNED

Country

I agree with him to keep the auto if he only get 1. yes they are your cards, balls, photos or whatever, but did you have to pay for the ticket into the game, what about the gas to drive around the state going to the games, that stuff isnt free. I had a few players that I need for my set and in the beginning I told him if he gets only 1 signed Ill pay him for it, this way we both win. Yes, he does this for his own pleasure, but he offered to help pretty much everyone out and IMO he should get to keep an item if its the only one he could get signed. Remember it was his time and his money that was spent on him helping us out.

Heres a question, how many of you sent him a few bucks for helping you out?(maybe 10%) I know I did, I figured I send him a few bucks to maybe buy a ticket or 2. Stop being so damn greedy and only thinking about yourselves.

agreed, I wasn't trying to be greedy here, he puts a lot of time and effort into this so the least we can do is let him keep the stuff.
    Last edited by Captain; 03-29-2013 at 06:09 PM.

BANNED

Country

I have done 50/50s with Adam before and he isn't trying to scam people with that rule. Last year I sent him probably close to 100 items and he got most of them for me. There was only like 2 of them that he only got 1 signed for. For me it really wasn't a big deal as he had so much success

Adam is a great guys...he is not a scammer.

BANNED

Country

Regarding that rule, I think Adam has every right to keep the item if he was only able to get one thing signed. He has put forth a lot of effort, time, and money into doing us a favor so the least we can do is to let him keep the item that was signed. I would just like to say how much I appreciate him for doing everyone a nice favor and we should all be thankful not hateful.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast