Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Funny, cause when I got out of it for the first time, I was getting frustrated with Upper Deck putting out too many sets - thus diluting the value pool in my eyes- and worried about this very thing happening. I don't know how any cards hold their value anymore. I did like the looks of the first couple years of UD as well.
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

i loved upper deck masterpieces, so i certainly hope they get their license back. or some one else comes out with something similar
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    looking for UGA autos/rcs in college uniform from 2005 - present, and 2009 knowshon moreno donruss elite rcs

Upper Deck still makes incredible products. There exquisite 2011 football with the gold autographs is one of the nicer sets I have seen all year. Someone hit the nail on the head. Money will get them back in, but they probably are fine without the license for now

condolences to McWilliam Family....sad news for UD and hobby. Wonder how this affects the company?
    Hidden Content
    #1 Oregon Ducks collector on earth!
    BRING ME LAMICHAEL JAMES CHROME AUTOS!!!
    /25 BLACK!! /10 GOLD!!!/5 RED!!!!

I miss UD for three reasons:
    (1) They did high end the best i.e. Exquisite.
    (2) SP Authentic with pro uniforms were GORGEOUS rookie autos.
    (3) They also do low end great too, almost as good at Topps does. Topps Chrome being, to me, the pinnacle of low end product: fun to open, lots of rookies, lots of refractors, autos, and they actually hold value reasonably well (refs, autos, elite base rookies).

Panini just plain sucks to me, period. Too many junk sets with junk designs and the same player pictures in all of them. Contenders and National Treasures are slipping. They do nothing to improve their designs year to year. They keep making money somehow though, so "why bother?" is likely their attitude.
    ** Hidden Content ** Hidden Content
    Help me with 2011 Topps Platinum Green RC refs #/499!! (Have 11/50) **
    ** Hidden Content **

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    considering they are making just as much without the license i doubt they will get it back. doesnt make business sense
    I'm pretty sure Upper Deck and every card company would love to have a license of the most popular sport in America right now
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ndhl83 View Post
    I miss UD for three reasons:
    (1) They did high end the best i.e. Exquisite.
    (2) SP Authentic with pro uniforms were GORGEOUS rookie autos.
    (3) They also do low end great too, almost as good at Topps does. Topps Chrome being, to me, the pinnacle of low end product: fun to open, lots of rookies, lots of refractors, autos, and they actually hold value reasonably well (refs, autos, elite base rookies).

Panini just plain sucks to me, period. Too many junk sets with junk designs and the same player pictures in all of them. Contenders and National Treasures are slipping. They do nothing to improve their designs year to year. They keep making money somehow though, so "why bother?" is likely their attitude.
    agree with everything here. I also didn't know that UD did the SP stuff. What does SP stand for? ( I am just getting back into the hobby so no making fun!)
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

SP = short print SSP = super short print
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by eliteco3 View Post
    I could see them getting it back some day. Personally, I like their approach with football cards. They only have a few products and the college uniforms are a change of pace. Panini has around 20 products right now, which is just too many. It dilutes the value of the cards down.
    You realize Topps and Panini both are only allowed 14 releases due to NFL licensing rules, and they both max out their limit every year? Also, when UD was releasing NFL products, they maxed out as well? So, without eliminating any current manufacturer, UD would only create more sets? Also, you may not recall, but UD was the originator of the kick in the groin picture.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

Quote Originally Posted by xpucksx View Post
    agree with everything here. I also didn't know that UD did the SP stuff. What does SP stand for? ( I am just getting back into the hobby so no making fun!)
    A timeless question. UD never officially announced what SP stood for, ever since its initial release in 1993. Most people assumed it was for Short Print, as that was the common term associated with "SP" but UD never stated thats what it meant when asked about it.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast