Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It seems like 20 products or more ha. Just last week Crown hit shelves and I know Contenders is around the corner. I am amazed at the low value of 2011 contenders but, when there are so many products out there that look similar the value is not going to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinocollector View Post
    A timeless question. UD never officially announced what SP stood for, ever since its initial release in 1993. Most people assumed it was for Short Print, as that was the common term associated with "SP" but UD never stated thats what it meant when asked about it.
    Super Premium?

It seems like that could be a choice since in baseball all the companies were coming up with names that stood for something superior to the competition. Finest, Ultra, Elite, etc. Maybe even Superior Product given the hubris of Upper Deck.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I never thought it stood for short print either, I actually thought it was short for "special" but super premium makes sense.

Doesn't everyone appreciate Upper Deck now in football since they only have a few sets? I love the concept of not watering down collecting

I am mainly a base card collector so i like alot of product, but there is a ton out there, not that i am complaing but alot of times the lower end stuff I buy looks the same. Panini even copies their own print from one card to another I found out this year. I read the back of one card and on another set the little info paragraph was exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigance View Post
    I never thought it stood for short print either, I actually thought it was short for "special" but super premium makes sense.
    The other user could have been thinking he was asking about SP not the set Upper Deck SP since he also references SSP. That's what I thought at first but then after rereading the original post again I got that he was asking for the Upper Deck SP name and not the abbreviation.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by eliteco3 View Post
    Doesn't everyone appreciate Upper Deck now in football since they only have a few sets? I love the concept of not watering down collecting
    +1

I would rather see one or two really well layed out, good looking sets per company than a billion of the same kind of set wiht slight moderation's just to sell more cards
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by RG3NFL View Post
    I don't like UD tbh. I know a lot of people do, and for that I think it will get back into it. However as someone already said I would like to see Panini cut down on it's products..
    Like, where is the like button, this forum needs a like button!

UD will matter when the license is back, until then! I dont care to have Cam or RGIII in the college unis this late in the year!
    UD> Topps & panini combined! After seeing the last 2, limited and Crown, I think panini is new redemption king. The look of SP authentic is nice this year, but I wont touch it!
    Go Gators and Bears!
    I only collect Justin Blackmon and I guess I am getting in the SUPER collector range of Alshon Jeffery! Over 40 autos and rising!

So is UD ever going to try to get the license back or has that bridge just been burned ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast