Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigance View Post
    So is UD ever going to try to get the license back or has that bridge just been burned ?
    They really can't do anything if the NFL doesn't want to give them one. They have to wait for the next opportunity and then make an offer and have it accepted. It isn't an easy thing as Leaf, ITG, Panini, and others have been trying to get licenses to other sports.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

So do you think they will make an offer, wasnt there some bad blood so to speak last time. I know it is buisness and never say never . I hope they do get it back I miss their base product, it was affordable and (usually) looked nice (and those 1991 cards smelled good lol)

So do you think they will make an offer, wasnt there some bad blood so to speak last time. I know it is buisness and never say never . I hope they do get it back I miss their base product, it was affordable and (usually) looked nice (and those 1991 cards smelled good lol)
    I know there was bad blood between Upper Deck and MLB but I haven't heard of any between them and the NFL. I always thought the biggest problem with UD the past couple of years was that they don't have as much money as they pretend to do. Money talks.

Ahh I maybe getting the MLB and NFL mixed up, I know there was a falling out somewhere. I think getting back the NFL would probably help them financially.

Ahh I maybe getting the MLB and NFL mixed up, I know there was a falling out somewhere. I think getting back the NFL would probably help them financially.
    It should and I think the NFL would be open to having more licenses unless Topps or Panini throws a lot of money at them for an exclusive.

do you know when renewal time is?

eventually they will. Until then Panini can put out trashy sticker cards and flood the market

Yeah Panini puts out alot of stuff and the cardbacks all of the exact same info. I really want UD back and i miss Fleer /Donruss. It was nice having four big cheap sets with alot of inserts and subsets.

I'd rather see a third license go to another company. IMO Upper Deck has been getting by on reputation for some time. I was never impressed with them towards the end and if what I read/hear is true, they are pretty poorly run as a business. Leaf has done some relatively creative things without a license and would be curious to see how they would operate with one and the likely business expansion that would follow it.
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Always looking to add to my Giants PC and Inception PC.

do you know when renewal time is?
    Unfortunately no. Baseball and Basketball are locked up for years to come but I'm unsure about football and hockey licenses.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast