Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Topps adding Heavy Metal autographs plus much more to Topps Archives for 2013

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/01/...ary-checklist/

Topps announced on Monday that it’s adding three additional insert sets to the previously announced 2013 Topps Archives baseball set, and one of them is the chance at autographs from notable musicians from the 1980s.

There will be 10 Heavy Metal Autographs to be found in Archives. Among them? Motley Crue‘s Tommy Lee, Skid Row‘s Sebastian Bach and Twisted Sister‘s Dee Snider. The cards will be limited to 25 copies and printed on metal.

In addition, if that’s not enough 1990s action for you, Topps will be including two throwbacks from the baseball card world among the inserts.

There will be 15 Gallery of Heroes cards along with the return of Topps Triumvirates, which were a short-lived insert set that paired three diecut cards together to form one strip.

Along with the arrival of Archives, Topps is planning a two-week hobby shop promotion where a limited number of 25-cent packs will be made available. These will include a parallel card only found in these packs. In addition, a Father’s Day promo will allow collectors to bring in a 1980s card and receive a free cello pack of 2013 Topps Series 2. Those packs will include parallels only found as part of this promotion along with randomly inserted autographs.

Topps also will be doing a redemption program tied to Archives where one redemption card will be found in every hobby box good for a throwback single-card pack with a 1950s-1980s card inside.
    Here is the raw preliminary checklist for these additions as provided by Topps:

Heavy Metal Autographs
    Sebastian Bach Skid Row
    Tommy Lee Motley Crue
    Kip Winger Winger
    Reb Beach Winger
    Lita Ford
    Bobby Brown
    Stephen Pearcy Ratt
    Scott Ian Anthrax
    Dee Snider Twisted Sister
    TBD

Gallery of Heroes
    Babe Ruth New York Yankees®
    Mike Trout Angels®
    Buster Posey San Francisco Giants®
    Derek Jeter New York Yankees®
    Roberto Clemente Pittsburgh Pirates®
    Jackie Robinson Brooklyn Dodgers™
    Cal Ripken Jr. Baltimore Orioles®
    Albert Pujols Angels®
    Yogi Berra New York Yankees®
    Lou Gehrig New York Yankees®
    Sandy Koufax Los Angeles Dodgers®
    Miguel Cabrera Detroit Tigers®
    Ted Williams Boston Red Sox®
    Mariano Rivera New York Yankees®
    Willie Mays San Francisco Giants®

Topps Triumvirate
    1-Albert Belle Chicago White Sox®
    2-Robin Ventura Chicago White Sox®
    3-Frank Thomas Chicago White Sox®
    1-Mike Trout Angels®
    2-Albert Pujols Angels®
    3-Josh Hamilton Angels®
    1-Cole Hamels Philadelphia Phillies®
    2-Cliff Lee Philadelphia Phillies®
    3-Roy Halladay Philadelphia Phillies®
    1-Edgar Martinez Seattle Mariners™
    2-Ken Griffey Jr. Seattle Mariners™
    3-Alex Rodriguez Seattle Mariners™

Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Looks like a good project. Heavy Metal Autos in baseball, ehh.

Quote Originally Posted by lugnut12mcisaac View Post
    Looks like a good project. Heavy Metal Autos in baseball, ehh.
    Yeah I don't really get why they are adding these autographs and added the Karate Kid ones last year. It costs them money to get the cards signed and I highly doubt the money used on these people would bring back more than something else that they could spend it on for people who are breaking boxes of Archives.

Time to dust off the old metal detector.
    All my teams stink.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    Time to dust off the old metal detector.
    I see what you did there...

I like the Gallery of Heroes reminds me of stadium club

Heavy metal? In baseball? What the crap. Fogerty might fit, but that's about it.
    Working on Rickey Henderson, Tony Gwynn, Ichiro Basic PSA Topps Sets
    Hidden Content

no sir, i don't like it
    this seems like the kind of thing that should be in allen & ginter, not archives. i really hope they don't keep mucking up other sets with non-baseball stuff. i'd be kind of annoyed if one of my hits out of a box was a kip winger autograph (who is hardly metal...unless you compare him to bobby brown i guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Peanut View Post
    no sir, i don't like it
    this seems like the kind of thing that should be in allen & ginter, not archives. i really hope they don't keep mucking up other sets with non-baseball stuff. i'd be kind of annoyed if one of my hits out of a box was a kip winger autograph (who is hardly metal...unless you compare him to bobby brown i guess)
    Supposedly there are only 25 autographs of each so they will be rare and hard to pull and most people won't get them (hopefully they are bonus autographs and don't take the place of baseball ones) but I still question Topps and why they would waste money on non baseball guys to put into an all baseball product. This isn't American Pie it is suppose to be Topps Archives and it feels dirty even calling ti Archives based on what they created for Archives in 2001 and 2002.

If i buy a pack of baseball cards, i hate when i get a non-baseball card in it.
    ITS GREAT TO LOVE ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS!

Hidden Content

still my favorite non-baseball card...and by favorite, i mean most idiotic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast