Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See holyporcupine's Items on eBay

Why I am no longer selling to international buyers on ebay.

With the exception of some really dependable buyers who I have dealt with several times I am no longer selling to anyone internationally. I am sorry to rant and I know its all been said before but I have been scammed for the last time. I sold a $65 card to someone in Taiwan recently who has about 200 feedback. They asked a lot of questions before buying. I sent it out 3 WEEKS AGO and they filed a claim today saying it hasn't arrived. 1, its in Taiwan and can take over a month to get there using first class mail. 2, its the holiday season and all mail has stopped. 3, why does the seller now have a California address on their account? I have no choice but to take the $65 hit and return their money. International shipping and its tracking system is such a joke. In the US the cheapest way to get anything 99% tracked the whole way is international express mail and that is about $35. First class has no tracking once it leaves the US. Registered mail depends on the country whether they want to scan it or not and from past experience don't waste your money with it. Priority mail has no tracking unless you purchase medium flat rate box and that is well over $40. Who wants to pay those kind of shipping prices on a $65 card?? I have had too many cards go "missing" but as much as I buy I have never had anything go missing. There is no seller protection here and all it takes is for several people to ruin it for all international buyers. Like I said, sorry to rant but it is the wrong time of year to get screwed out of $65.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've never sold so here is a question. If you or anyone stated in the listing that any international buyers must pay for registered mail would that protect you from something like this?

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

I feel your pain OP.

For anything above $50, I require Express International or Registered now (Canada usually is pretty good about Registered). The problem is I have to wait in the line at the post office. And if a buyer is international and has low feedback, I open an NPB as soon as possible. Enough dealing with these idiots, thieves and liars.

SCF Rewards
    Country

requiring registered mail isnt the solution because it is going to influence the final ending price of your card. Obviously if it is extremely high value, it may not matter. But anything from $50-$200 or so is going to be affected because people are going to factor in that registered shipping price to their bidding.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See HBlumUSMC's Items on eBay

I am hoping you left this buyer some negative feedback!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Enough dealing with these idiots, thieves and liars.

We are not all 'idiots, thieves and liars' this is highly unfair.

Maybe limit the countries you deal with. I am 'overseas' but I would still only deal with certain European countries, the States, Canada and Australia.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

i got ripped off 250$ on a watch i sold to a guy in china.....so yeah i dont deal internationally anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

We are not all 'idiots, thieves and liars' this is highly unfair.

Maybe limit the countries you deal with. I am 'overseas' but I would still only deal with certain European countries, the States, Canada and Australia.

idiots=eBazy
    thieves=paypal
    liars=a few crooked buyers who ruin it for everyone.

For the record, I've never had a problem with anyone in the UK. It has always been Canada.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See holyporcupine's Items on eBay

Sorry I haven't posted back on this in a few days. Been really busy at work. I contacted 2 other sellers who had sold to this buyer very recently. Both of them had sold multiple items at multiple times. Each said the same thing, that the buyer bought cheap stuff in the first transactions but bought more expensive cards the 2nd time around and claimed nothing had arrived. I reported this to ebay in my claim but I still lost as I am sure they had lost.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See HBlumUSMC's Items on eBay

I like Canadians, they are so very friendly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast