Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ericspiece's Items on eBay

SP Authentic replcement from Upper Deck. Thoughts/Opinions welcome.

Recently I broke a box of 2011-12 SP Authentic that had zero hits. No Future Watch, no Sign of the Times, nothing. Not even the Holo FX or SP Essentials. Upper Deck agreed to send me compensation. Here's what I got:

A few things to note:

1. I requested Sign of the Times as my autograph replacements. Instead I received Future Watch.
    2. I was not provided with the SP Essentials subset cards. (2 per box on average)
    3. I received a case hit of a noteworthy player (Gabriel Landeskog)
    4. Upper Deck's turnaround time was decent (requested in mid-November, received Friday January 4)

Keeping the notes in mind, what are your opinions on this replacement? I am happy to have received a case hit, however quite disappointed that I did not receive the Sign of the Times I requested. I didn't ask for anything in particular except that the autograph hits would be Sign of the Times, as that is the only reason I bought a box of 2011-12 SPA to begin with (I am putting together the set). I am very happy that I did in fact receive some sort of compensation, though.

I am satisfied with the replacement, although very slightly disappointed. Despite having received what was expected as a replacement, had the box contained the promised hits, I would have been much more likely to hit mojo. For obvious reasons, I expected to not receive a big hit as a replacement.

Eric

BANNED

Country

I think you did ok. The autos werent to great but that Die cut isnt too bad. It seems like they didnt fulfill your request.

SCF Rewards
    Country

After messing up you'd think they'd throw you one half decent auto, but atleast you got some nice hits with the Foligno and the Landeskog.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

They definitely should have put in at least one SOTT, in which case they would have had a much better chance of making you HAPPY instead of merely satisfied bordering on disappointed. It is this kind of lack of attention to detail that hurts a company. At least you did get a timely response and some decent cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree since you bought a faulty box they should have besides the 3 autos throwed in another auto card just to make customer happy, cant be fun to have ripped a box and gotten zero out of it... they just took whatever cards they had of random players and just thought thats enough... a bit cheap if you ask me since you didnt even get the cards you should from a box...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bobbybruins's Items on eBay

I really don't get it. I see that you didn't get what you wanted as replacement but people are missing the boat here. You still got something when many people would get nothing. I have open many boxes of SPA and many times with no SOTT but three RC auto. I would rather have RC's auto anytime of the day then SOTT auto's and to boot a case hit too. My two cents, Robert

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

For what it's worth, I'd get back to them and at the very least give them feedback. I wouldn't be too happy if I had received this even if the Landeskog is a case hit.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really don't get it. I see that you didn't get what you wanted as replacement but people are missing the boat here. You still got something when many people would get nothing. I have open many boxes of SPA and many times with no SOTT but three RC auto. I would rather have RC's auto anytime of the day then SOTT auto's and to boot a case hit too. My two cents, Robert

Its one thing to open boxes and get the hits u are supposed to, but in this case he open and got absolute nothing, more or less he got ripped off,, u dont think an extra card or two would be a nice gesture of them? sometimes on replacements i see they give extra good cards when they dont have to even, in this case they didnt cared too much that a customer got zero hits really..

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's true they were pretty cool sending stuff your way, but what they sent is pretty meh.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dont know I thnk you did pretty well. One thing I always wonder is how many losers call these companies and say their box didn't contain anything or they were shorted blah blah blah when that is complete B.S. I wonder if the companies don't factor that in a little bit when someone claims the box was completely devoid of hits. If they send you a bunch of awesome stuff, you are going to be more tempted to call next time and give the same story when your box had all the hits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast