Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    The flaw in your position is that you are saying that members who have proven themselves are less trustworthy or just as big of a risk to rip someone off as/than new members who have not proven themselves. The other flaw is that PayPal does not protect you. If the person empties their Paypal account then there is nothing to refund you and you are just out. I had this happen to me on eBay when I bought a car stereo and it never arrived. By the time PayPal ruled in my favor on the claim all of the money was gone and I got back nothing.

When new members join the site they agree to the trade requirements. If they don't like it then they don't have to be here. We established these rules for a reason and they seem to work quite well. If you want to send $300 to a newbie with 0 feedback then go right ahead, just be sure that you understand that if they don't send the card, send a damaged card, send the wrong card or send to the wrong address that the SCF Dispute team will not help because you chose to ignore the safeguards that we have in place to protect you.

Also, as someone who worked disputes for 1.5 years, I can tell you that for every 1 veteran member that rips off a newbie there are at least 100 newbies that don't send, send damaged cards, send the wrong cards, take a month to send or send to the wrong address. Newbies have very little to lose. They haven't built a reputation on the site, they don't mind getting banned because they think they can just create a new account and they don't think that they have to be accountable for what they do on the internet. Newbies sending first to veterans carries very little risk compared to veterans sending first/at the same time to newbies.
    I never said they were not as trustworthy, but it can and definitely does happen from time to time. The one deal I've had that went south on here recently was a member with flawless feedback (well not anymore), but lucky for me he was a dead-beat buyer and not a dead-beat seller.

Perhaps your not familiar with that whole fiasco that just went down over on Blowout, but that dude scammed people out of thousands, withdrew the $ and ran with it, leaving him with a zero balance. Guess how many people got their money back? Every single one of them (not sure if those who paid gift did, but that's a different story). PAYPAL took the hit, not the buyers, so YES paypal does protect you. As far as entitlement goes, I personally don't spend nearly as much time on here as I do Blowout due to the entitlement the "mods" here have just because they have a fancy little title. Not to mention I was on SCF LONG before Blowout, so what does that tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by kdub924 View Post
    Perhaps your not familiar with that whole fiasco that just went down over on Blowout, but that dude scammed people out of thousands, withdrew the $ and ran with it, leaving him with a zero balance. Guess how many people got their money back? Every single one of them (not sure if those who paid gift did, but that's a different story). PAYPAL took the hit, not the buyers, so YES paypal does protect you. As far as entitlement goes, I personally don't spend nearly as much time on here as I do Blowout due to the entitlement the "mods" here have just because they have a fancy little title. Not to mention I was on SCF LONG before Blowout, so what does that tell you?
    It's actually not a "fancy little title", it's a rather plain, yet big title on an online forum...Don't forget why they were vested with the authority they have in the first place. The title is just an identifier. It's not like they pick people off the street to help run the site smoothly ;)

Besides, the mods on this site are the most reasonable I've ever dealt with, on any sports/magic card/video game/comic trading site, ever, no exceptions. In my experience, anyway. Your experience may differ. It's a lot of kids from what I can tell on other sites, and they kind of suck at the whole "impartial" thing.
    ** Hidden Content ** Hidden Content
    Help me with 2011 Topps Platinum Green RC refs #/499!! (Have 11/50) **
    ** Hidden Content **

Also, what is up with more and more people not leaving feedback on eBay? Very frustrating sometimes, as I'm not a high-volume seller or buyer (300) so every rating and feedback is big to me. Even after politely messaging people about it, I often get no response.

The lack of communication sucks.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Collecting: PATRICK WILLIS/Buster Posey

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234