Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Chicago gym only accepts overweight members

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Nobody will attend by month's end. Fatties need reminders of their fatness, being in a room full of Gordos isn't going to prove anything.

Eventually they will all commiserate their plight over several plates of fries, and the gym will drop off the radar screen.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I don't know it's an iteresting concept. I don't have a problem with it at all. I'm not sure of the legalities of it though if a slender person was hellbent on joining for whatever reason.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Haha, oh hice.
    I think it's a good idea. I know overweight people who refuse to go to a gym and use the rec center one instead. The reason being working around fit people reminds them of their fatness, the amount of work and the futility of it all. A fatties only gym would take that aspect away.

Of course, if this were 1957 hice would he right in line with the accepted view.

BANNED

Country

I'm just saying, the odd hot fit woman, or man hanging around are visual reminders of what could possibly happen with some hard work.

I'm not plussed either way by protecting the social welfare of the skinny person that cannot attend, all I am saying is that similar lifestyles think alike.

Any large people that I have either worked out with, or tried to help with fitness eventually get angry with me because I insist that they must make the decision and really work at it. They are conditioned to put something in their mouths, as that has been their conditioned response to anything up to that point in their lives.

When you are told the only way to get this handled is to lay off the pies and break a sweat, they simply get angry and want no part of it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No, there is something to that. More often though people look at a 1980s Schwarzenegger look-alike and think, "I'll never be that. Why bother?" And give up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

don't tell the people on "the biggest loser" that. they work hard, eat right, and lose the weight.

seems we enjoy stereotyping overweight people

hopefully it will work for some

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It will for some, won't for others. Just like everything else on earth.

BANNED

Country

People on the Biggest Loser have a financial, contractual obligation. No weight loss, no show, no money.
    It's not a perfect example to use.

Many overweight people that had the drive to get fat in the first place, still have that drive to get fit again. It's all about wanting to do it, or not wanting to do it. Cash is the supreme motivator when it comes to television.

Just as in society, 30% of these Biggest Loser people are fatties again within 16 months of the show ending.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It's true. Just like a drug addict you have to want to change.

With that said, I used to be 300+lbs and I dropped down to 145 in about six months. I wouldn't recommend how I did it as a weight loss plan.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast