Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Is Evander Kane Right, Does Hockey Have a Problem with Racism?

Evander Kane leveled a harsh charge at the sport of hockey and the National Hockey League when he told The Hockey News that much of the criticism he has received is race related.

Kane received plenty of criticism during the lockout when he posed with stacks of cash while standing on a Las Vegas balcony as he pantomimed making a call to boxing champion Floyd Mayweather.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...em-with-racism

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 72bigcountry's Items on eBay

When you do stuff like that, you're gonna generate controversy no what the color of your skin is. I personally think very few people even care that he's of African descent, let alone have a problem with it. I know I personally couldn't care less what the color of his skin is.

Of course you're going to have ignorant idiots who have problems w/ race, but unfortunately, that will never change.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Derek Roy got the same or worse flack for posting a pic of his new Ferrari during the lockout. In both cases the criticism has nothing to do with race, rather, a lack of common sense in flaunting their wealth while holding out for more $$$.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I couldn't agree with you more. I think it's more that Evander Kane is still a fairly young guy (21), and young guys do dumb things for attention and when they called out for doing something dumb, they try to use an immature way out of it...a.k.a. using the race card. That's just my opinion.

When you do stuff like that, you're gonna generate controversy no what the color of your skin is. I personally think very few people even care that he's of African descent, let alone have a problem with it. I know I personally couldn't care less what the color of his skin is.

Of course you're going to have ignorant idiots who have problems w/ race, but unfortunately, that will never change.

SCF Rewards
    Country

byfuglien isnt making any excuses....