Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballboy2 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Tim Raines is a hall of famer. I'm still shocked as to how he isn't in the hall of fame.
    Disagree. Vada Pinson had better credentials.

Raines only hit .300 in five full seasons. 2605 hits, never finished above 5th in MVP voting, only hit 430 doubles,

Sorry, those are not Hall of Fame stats.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcardinalsfan View Post
    next couple years there wont be anyone to elect to the hall.....i cant think of anyone currently playing that will get in the hall....besides jeter,mariano,and maybe thome.
    Really, no one? What about Maddux, Glavine, Frank Thomas and Bobby Cox? As far as players currently playing, I would say its up to how they finish their careers. How about Pujols and Ichiro for starters?
    Collecting Baseball Rookie Cards.
    Hidden Content

next couple years there wont be anyone to elect to the hall.....i cant think of anyone currently playing that will get in the hall....besides jeter,mariano,and maybe thome.
    Heck, I can think of two more on the Yanks alone.....Sabathia and Ichiro

i said currently

maybe ichiro and def. pujols
    Hidden Content
    have 3779 different cardinals cards
    check out my blog! Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    Really? He was the manager. He could do alot to affect the play. That being said, I still think he should be in as a player. Bonds and Clemens as well. How do the writers justify giving them Cy's and MVP's when they thought they used, but now say they are cheaters and don't deserve the hall? Secondly, why is it any different then guys like Neikro, Ford, Perry ect being in the hall. They were known cheaters... I can scuff a baseball and do funky things with it. I can juice up and that's not going to help me hit homeruns...........
    I'm talking about Rose as a player not a manager. There are between 15 and 20 different managers who have been voted in. We are talking about two separate animals.

The BBWAA election rules say "voting shall be based upon the player's record, playing ability, integrity, sportsmanship, character, and contributions to the team(s) on which the player played." If you think any of the "Roids" players demonstrated integrity, sportsmanship and character than that's you. I believe none of these scumbags should get a sniff at being inducted into the HOF. Just because there are some in the HOF that don't belong there it does not mean that two wrongs don't make a right.

I seriously do not believe Bonds could fit his enormous, gigundous head in the door of the HOF.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 01-12-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Bucket PC & Trade Items: Hidden Content
    PC In-Person (IP) Auto Memorabilia Collection: Hidden Content
    PC HOF Game-Used Collection: Hidden Content

i said currently

The Tigers have a few on their team right now. Miguel Cabrera and Justin Verlander (as long as there is no career ending injury).

---
    I'd get into why guys like Tim Raines, Craig Biggio etc deserve to be in the HOF, but to summarize quickly, there is more to Baseball than getting 3000 hits or 500 Homers or 300 wins.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

i said currently

I thought you said no one to elect into the hall for the next few years and then said no one currently playing either.
    Hidden Content

I mean they let Jim Rice in for petes sake.How much one or 2 season accomplishment players will get in.It is a career not 3 good seasons that get you n the hall
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Kirby Puckett is a first ballot and Biggio is not?
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by metsmagic18 View Post
    Kirby Puckett is a first ballot and Biggio is not?
    Puckett has more all star years, more gold gloves, 2 World Series rings, all star MVP, alcs MVP, al batting title and a .318 career avg. Biggio has the 3000 hits. Looks like they are only seperated by about 10% of the vote for first time voting too. I think Biggio is deserving of the hall, but I do see a difference between Puckett and Biggio.
    Last edited by Redman5006; 01-12-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    Hidden Content

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast