Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Rob Ryan fired !!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Rob Ryan fired !!!

I saw this coming

I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better. I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes.
    ”-- Rob RyanThe Dallas Cowboys have released defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on Tuesday evening.
    Ryan had one year remaining on a three-year contract.
    "I want to express my appreciation to Rob for all of his efforts and contributions to the Cowboys over the past two years," Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said in a statement. "At this time, the decision has been made to move forward in a different direction philosophically on defense. I have an immense amount of respect for Rob as a person and as a football coach and I wish him and his family the very best."
    The Cowboys defense finished 19th overall, 17th against the run and 21st against the pass.
    "I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better," Ryan told ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon. "I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes."

More Rob Ryan Coverage

Turns out, Jerry Jones was right -- things are uncomfortable for the Cowboys right now, writes Dan Graziano. Blog

Ryan's defense missed five starters because of injuries, including Pro Bowl nose tackle Jay Ratliff for the first four games of the 2012 season with an ankle injury.
    Ryan also missed slot cornerback Orlando Scandrick (broken finger) and backup nose tackle Josh Brent, who was placed on reserve non-football illness for being charged with involuntary manslaughter resulting in the death of practice squad player Jerry Brown.
    "I think I did a good job and I think our staff did a good job on defense trying to compete with what we had at the end of the year," Ryan told MacMahon. "But the best job we did was when we were able to coach our starters."

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See joshua_lisa_stewart's Items on eBay

I don't see why they fired him. He is a great Defensive Coordinator. Sucks that he left the Browns to begin with.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Because Jerry Jones is a egotistical lunatic and Ryan was the sacrificial lamb

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See joshua_lisa_stewart's Items on eBay

That sounds about right.