Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Question: Are 1990 Bowman/Topps Tiffany rookies true RCs?

Building my want list of best Canadian Player's RCs and looking at Ed Belfour I found that Beckett and SCF Inventory both list his Bowman Tiffany with a RC Attribute. I always thought that the Tiffany's were parallels only and not true RCs.

Does anyone have anymore thoughts or insight on this?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Tiffany sets were standalone products available as complete sets. There is some inconsistency with the RC definition when it comes to complete sets. 2010-11 Score Update cards, for example Ryan McDonagh, are considered RCs, whereas 2003-04 BAP Memorabilia Updates, for example, Phil Osaer, are considered XRCs. I am inclined to think that the Tiffany cards are RCs because they are a separate product available as a complete set and not inserted in packs of a different product as parallels. However, knowing that there were many Tiffany sets in baseball before 1990, I looked at 1987 Topps Tiffany Baseball and none of those cards are considered RCs, so I am at a loss as to how these cards should be classified.

SCF Rewards
    Country

About 10 years ago the belief that a parallel wasn't a true rookie has kinda died out versus the people who believe it to be a rookie card. Technically it isn't a "true" rookie card but it is a rookie card for most people and that's probably why it is designated as such now. Most people care now about getting the best rookie card aka most expensive so they really don't care about this issue anymore yet it was a huge issue in the 90s.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm still not cool with Ice Rookies being true as they are not standalone products and won't add them to this collection even though they're beautiful cards and Beckett calls them. I won't collect the Pinnacle and Crown RCs that have been inserted into Rookie Anthology. It's getting difficult to diversify. The best (and only) real Crown RC I have is Sauve VAN. I am Orthodox lol. Therefore Tiffany would be no-go, parallel RC.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I am an old Tiffany Collector.

They are stand-alone and treated as such by all Tiffany collectors. New 2005-06 collectors seem to think they have all the say in what happens to cards when they cannot be bothered by cards before 2005 - nonsense. If you've never owned one of these, why even comment?

There are only 400 cases made of Bowman and Topps Tiffany - Stand Alone and fantastic. One of the greatest Short Printed Sets in History.

The reason that they are a true Set? You could actually but the entire set and still can. They are out there, but not in quantity.

I have 100 of these 1990-91 Bowman Tiffany Checklists. Someday my Son, or his children will have gobs of money because of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by centrehice; 01-10-2013 at 02:35 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have 100 of these 1990-91 Bowman Tiffany Checklists. Someday my Son, or his children will have gobs of money because of them.

2 more of those on comc for $1.50 each

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

They are stand-alone and treated as such by all Tiffany collectors.

There are only 400 cases made of Bowman and Topps Tiffany - Stand Alone and fantastic. One of the greatest Short Printed Sets in History.

The reason that they are a true Set? You could actually but the entire set and still can. They are out there, but not in quantity.

I agree with the above. High graded one can still demand a nice amount. Good luck in your hunt as that year has a decent RCA crop.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

So just curious, by old school ideals, my Artifacts Jaden Schwartz emerald/99 and saphire/85 are parallels and in theory not as valuable as the true rc # out of 999? I say theory as today's market seems to say otherwise as pwaldo mentions. It would be cool to have a rare Belfour or Sakic rc etc...

Tim
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They are stand-alone and treated as such by all Tiffany collectors. New 2005-06 collectors seem to think they have all the say in what happens to cards when they cannot be bothered by cards before 2005 - nonsense. If you've never owned one of these, why even comment?

If I remember correctly (I was around back in the day for Tiffany, god I'm getting old) you had to order X amount of topps/bowman product to be "allowed" to get a tiffany set. At the time I was friends with a fairly good distributor and it was believe there were 1000/2000 sets being made. Though for the life of me I can't remember which was 1000 and which was 2000. Plus that's trying to recall something from 2 decades ago lol. If that's accurate, that's pretty cool as you'd own either 1/10th or 1/20th of the entire print run of the checklist card. But man I have trouble seeing that as being important in the long run. 2000 copies of a card anymore is a LOT of cards. Makes me want to look up a bunch of other stupid obscure 90's inserts I have laying around here. Anyone remember the 93 Score "chrome" cards? At least I'm pretty sure it was 93...

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

But man I have trouble seeing that as being important in the long run. 2000 copies of a card anymore is a LOT of cards. Makes me want to look up a bunch of other stupid obscure 90's inserts I have laying around here. Anyone remember the 93 Score "chrome" cards? At least I'm pretty sure it was 93...

2000 might be a lot but think of it in this terms. How many are still out there after 20 plus years? Would like to know what score chrome as I only remember topps chrome. There werevso many parallels out there would love if you have a scan for a history lesson of sorts. There are som cools sets out here but are now hard to put together if you try.

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast