Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Toronto Maple Leafs Fire GM Brian Burke

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie Toronto Maple Leafs have apparently fired Brian Burke as general manager. Working on official confirmations.

WOW!!!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

I am hearing the exact same thing. Very surprising! I have no idea why this would happen at this time when GMs are going to be very busy signing deals and making trades. Maybe the ownership and him were butting heads over the direction Burke wanted to take the team (Luongo trade?)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

lol

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Ha, ha, ha.

Maybe the Leafs will now win the division.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

this sucks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

As a Leafs fan, I am concerned about retaining our largest assets (Gardiner, Rielly, 1st round pick).

Thank goodness I am a huge long-time Oilers fan as well (long before I became a Leafs fan). Much more optimism on that front lol.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Long term, probably the best thing for them. Burke has done a horrible job since arriving in Toronto.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

It's funny through all of Brian Burke's employment, most Canadians and Americans have been polite and said nothing while Burke told the World that he was a Hockey genius, the best GM ever, etc..... He tooted his own horn and drove over the smallest person that disagreed even in a meek voice.

Brian Burke claimed greatness and we allowed him to do so. I think Brian Murray is a Hockey Slug, but he at least built that Anaheim Stanley Cup Team, not Burke.

Now we see Burke for what he really is - a Snake-Oil Salesman who's self-proclaimed greatness has ran out and being shown as a trick with mirrors.
    Last edited by centrehice; 01-09-2013 at 03:23 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habs1909_2009's Items on eBay

Lmao Leafs are going fun to watch again this year! League last
    1- P.K Subban - Vlad Guerrero (Expos)
    2- Montreal Canadiens Centennial auto'd (current count: 125)
    3- Brian Gionta 10-11 Panini Certified Mirror Emerald, Black and Big men jersey auto
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

I was at an NHL 13 contest when I found out about this and Dave Nonis being the fulltime GM... As a Canucks diehard fan, I broke out into dancing, cheering, and celebrating knowing Vancouver's return is going to be a lot bigger for Luongo now... Remember who was fired before someone came in to pull the trigger on the Luongo trade? Eerily similar. Either way, I'll be partying hard :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast