Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tips for IP graphing?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not a dealer, and those items are generally how I roll as well. This site demonizes dealers quite a bit. Players may hate dealers, and therefore dealers are "ruining the hobby." And yet in my experience that unless you're a little kid, a player would rather sign a really cool or different item for a dealer-looking guy than just some dude standing around with a baseball calling him by the wrong name.

What I'm saying is, if you don't 1000000% know what you are doing, standing by a dealer is a GOOD idea, because he won't let the stars go by, or call the scrubs by the wrong name.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not a dealer, and those items are generally how I roll as well. This site demonizes dealers quite a bit. Players may hate dealers, and therefore dealers are "ruining the hobby." And yet in my experience that unless you're a little kid, a player would rather sign a really cool or different item for a dealer-looking guy than just some dude standing around with a baseball calling him by the wrong name.

What I'm saying is, if you don't 1000000% know what you are doing, standing by a dealer is a GOOD idea, because he won't let the stars go by, or call the scrubs by the wrong name.

I totally agree that being in close proximity is a good idea if you are not familiar with the setup. I've only graphed NY Giants Training Camp and I know many of the Giants avoid dealer looking dudes like the plague. It's always a good idea to bring your wife or a girlfriend as players normally are more than willing to sign for a woman.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I am not a dealer even though I was asked by a ballplayer if I was one. He was kidding. Seriously get to the stadium early, I always try to be one of the first people in line. Have all of you items ready along with your sharpie or whatever you want them to sign. Mind your manners and by all means do not call the ballplayer by the wrong name. They hate that.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whenever I 'graph, I always have the following things on me:

3-Ring Binder full of cards (photo-corners), 8x10's, etc.
    Blank items (like index cards, The Autograph Cards, team logo 8x10's, etc.)
    Roster with all the names & numbers
    Mix of pens (blue/black Sharpies, silver/gold metallic markers, blue pens)
    Unsigned ROMLB

If you don't know what you're doing, someone there likely will. Chat 'em up a little (if they'll have it) and hang around those who look like they know what you're doing. I was in the same situation last year at Twin's Spring Training and made out very well.

BANNED

Country

I'm having some trouble with photo corners. How do you arrange them, How do you get the cards out, what kind of paper do you put them on, and do you have to get paper bigger than 8x10 to fit an 8x10 photo into photo corners?
    Thanks
    Jacob

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would go when its just Pitchers and Catchers as there won't be as many people there. This will help you have a better idea of where the best places are for signing. There are going to be a ton of people at the Angels facility in Tempe so get there early. Salt River is really nice and definitely lives up to its billing as best Spring Training site. I live in AZ so let me know if you have any questions about the other sites. I graph SD and SEA at their facility.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would go when its just Pitchers and Catchers as there won't be as many people there. This will help you have a better idea of where the best places are for signing. There are going to be a ton of people at the Angels facility in Tempe so get there early. Salt River is really nice and definitely lives up to its billing as best Spring Training site. I live in AZ so let me know if you have any questions about the other sites. I graph SD and SEA at their facility.

I think I'm going to graph dbacks and Mariners. Are there any good places for mariners?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12