I've seen multiples of several even have 2 11-12 Jimmy Howard Blacks and been outbid on a 3rd but have yet to see a single 11-12 Black Bobrovsky.
How somebody managed to get 10 of a single player while other players haven't even had one pop-up is insane!
Guys, Like others have said, the Victory Blacks which came with Upper deck Series 2 have much higher print runs than the blacks that come in victory boxes.
See below info from Dave and Adams:
2009/10 Upper Deck Series 2 Hockey Hobby Box: 90 card update set
Victory Update Cards
- Regular Cards - inserted 1:2
- Rookie Cards - inserted 1:2
- Regular Cards, Gold // - inserted 1:24
- Rookie Cards, Gold // - inserted 1:24
- Regular Cards, Black // - inserted 1:288
- Rookie Cards, Black // - inserted 1:288
2009/10 Upper Deck Victory Hockey 11-Pack Box: 250 card set
- First Rookie Cards
- Victory Rookies - inserted 1:2
- Superstar Inserts (combined t - deliver 1 in 2 on average!)
- Stars of the Game - inserted 1:4
- Game Breakers - inserted 1:4
- Regular Cards, Gold // - inserted 1:36
- Rookie Cards, Gold // - inserted 1:144
- Regular Cards, Black // - inserted 1:720
- Rookie Cards, Black // - inserted 1:1440
- Regular Cards
- 200 Regular Cards
Add to that the fact that Series one is broke by collectors much more than victory and probably has much higher print runs.
To give further perspective, the odds of hitting a specific Victory black in series 2 is 1:25920 packs while in Victory it is 1:360000
I would suggest the series 2 blacks are about 20:1 on the Base victory blacks.
I have 11 Ryan Johansen Victory Black rc's now, and I put that many together just to win a bet with a friend who said there are no more than 10 of each card.
I only collect rc's of the top players, from each year.