Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do yall consider this a REAL autograph?

I saw some news on this start up. I think its a cool and innovative idea however do y'all consider this a real autograph?

https://www.egraphs.com/

It seems like they are about to add football players and some other sports as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hidden Content / Hidden Content / Hidden Content

Current LSU AU & GU: 561

No I do not.

1) The autograph is a facsimile. If that is a "real" autograph then the autographs on those Fleer cards that had white facsimilie autos are real too (can't remember the year).

2) There isn't even any proof that the athlete in question actually personalized that. It could easily have been done by some secretary or even the janitor.

Besides, why would I want to pay $75 for a facsimile auto of Shawn Marion or Josh Smith when I can get a real one for less than half of that?

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

No way! Theres just too many questions that come from this. Also the pricing is insane! I just can't imagine paying that much for something that is that questionable. Like the guy above said, this could all be done by some guy in his moms basement and theres really no way to prove otherwise. you can't send the item in to be authenticated because its something that only exists online.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    I will NOT send paypal as a gift!!! I'd rather spend a few extra dollars to protect myself, than leave myself open to be scammed with NO recourse!!!

Not worth $7 let alone $75.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I'd maybe spend 10 bucks to have Brian Urlacher or Devin Hester do one of these for my nephews (they are 10 and 12) but that's about it. As far as legitimacy of the signature or voice it wouldn't matter as long as my nephews believed it was really them.
    Steve Schindler

Collect what you want to collect. Collect players and cards that you like. Collect what you can afford. Collect for you, not to try to impress someone else. If you do this you will much more likely to enjoy the hobby and stay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sschind View Post
    I'd maybe spend 10 bucks to have Brian Urlacher or Devin Hester do one of these for my nephews (they are 10 and 12) but that's about it. As far as legitimacy of the signature or voice it wouldn't matter as long as my nephews believed it was really them.

Yah if it was ALOT cheaper it might be something cool to do for other people. But at the prices they have they should let you have an online conversation and then mail you a personalized 8x10 auto, not just give you some online, imaginary crap that can be made by anyone with photoshop and an hour of time.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    I will NOT send paypal as a gift!!! I'd rather spend a few extra dollars to protect myself, than leave myself open to be scammed with NO recourse!!!

No it is not a real autograph and way way way too expensive for some reason
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

This page here tells you that its a facsimile auto and that the voice message really isnt the player saying it either. Its just there voice computer generated to say something.

https://www.egraphs.com/inside-an-egraph
    Kellen Moore Super-Collector!!!!
    Moore PC: Hidden Content
    Moore Need List: Hidden Content
    Buying/Selling: If Im the seller I will post, If your the seller I would appreciate if you post. Just my preference. Thanks

It says they use samples to make sure it is the real player....still not worth it...I wouldn't pay $1 for that. Just creepy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by texastexanCC View Post
    This page here tells you that its a facsimile auto and that the voice message really isnt the player saying it either. Its just there voice computer generated to say something.

https://www.egraphs.com/inside-an-egraph

Can I pay $75 to have Adrian Peterson say "Packers Rule!"?
    Hidden Content

Find these Bill Dudley inserts and make big $$$
    Dudley Autos: 230 and counting!
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast