Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

Was Cousin's drafted because they knew this would happen

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...r_td/12620446#

RGIII was going to be an injury waiting to happen. That is why they drafted Cousins when in all appearances they had already drafted their future. Shanahan knew he was taking a chance and kept RGIII in because he isn't the type of QB he wanted but was forced by D. Snyder to draft him.
    Hidden Content

Trying to super Collect Herman Moore
    I collect UVA (University of Virginia Cavaliers) Football Players!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Seems logical. A QB that scrambles a lot will take more hits than a pocket passer. Add in the history he has with injuries to that knee and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that chances of re-injury or further injury are higher.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

it makes a lot of sense. and if the redskins did in fact get cousins for that reason, than thats a great move, and a nice safety net
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    looking for UGA autos/rcs in college uniform from 2005 - present, and 2009 knowshon moreno donruss elite rcs

It was funny seeing ESPN hammer Shanahan for not putting in Cousins to save the career of RGIII yet they blasted him for weeks for drafting Cousins even going so far to allude to racism. The way the NFL is now you need to have a good back up QB because injuries do happen. Just look at the Vikings and the rotten egg that Webb laid on the field. I'm pretty sure they would have liked a nice backup QB out there to give them a chance.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Senior Advisors

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    It was funny seeing ESPN hammer Shanahan for not putting in Cousins to save the career of RGIII yet they blasted him for weeks for drafting Cousins even going so far to allude to racism. The way the NFL is now you need to have a good back up QB because injuries do happen. Just look at the Vikings and the rotten egg that Webb laid on the field. I'm pretty sure they would have liked a nice backup QB out there to give them a chance.
    ESPN is nothing but a bunch of talking heads looking for the next hot story or creating the next hot story. I don't even watch any pre-game stuff any more because of it. As far as Webb, I don't fault him. I actually think he has talent. He never took a snap all season and then for them to say, "Okay it's your's, GO DO GOOD STUFF!" was a fault of the coaching staff.
    Hidden Content

Trying to super Collect Herman Moore
    I collect UVA (University of Virginia Cavaliers) Football Players!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I read an article where a player (can't remember which one) made a good point. He said that the media blasted Jay Cutler for taking himself out of the game and not playing thru the pain when he was injured then they turn around and blast Shanny for not taking RGIII out earlier. Point well made.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Theres no way they could have known what would happen to rg3. With that being said they drafted cousins so they would have a legit backup. It wouldnt have mattered who they drafted first. Any time you have a chance to draft a good qb you do it. Whether its for a backup or not. The texans did it last year with yates. They werent even looking for one, but they had a high ratting on him and he was available in the 5th round so they go him as a quality pick. Was the 3rd stringer and started on the practice squad and look where he wound up at the end of the season last year. Its the nfl. Did they know at some point he would have to play? Yes. Did they draft him because they knew rg3 would blow out his knee in his rc season? No. it was just a smart pick. Believe me shanahan had something to do with that also. So before saying he should be fired just think about what they accomplished in one season. Yes it was a bad move to put him back in the game, but its not like he forced rg3 to go out there. Coaches make calls. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they arent. Its easy to critisize in hind sight. How many times has roethlisberger played injured? Most of his career. He has been lucky enough not to take a wrong step or get hit in the wrong spot while playing injured.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I read an article where a player (can't remember which one) made a good point. He said that the media blasted Jay Cutler for taking himself out of the game and not playing thru the pain when he was injured then they turn around and blast Shanny for not taking RGIII out earlier. Point well made.
    That's mainly because people just don't like Jay Cutler, I think. Christian Ponder didn't play in the Vikings playoff game, but did you really hear anyone (besides some fans) blasting him? Not really.

---
    The Redskins drafted Cousins because he was a steal in the 4th round, and is someone they can groom to eventually trade away while being a safety net if RG3 gets hurt (like we saw vs the Ravens and Browns).
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    The media would have blasted Shanahan either way. If people want to get made at somebody get mad at the people who run and designed that awful field. If seen high school fields that look better.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content