Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sg89collector's Items on eBay

Opinions/help! (Selling off a collection...?)

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted... I'll make a long story short!

I am planning on moving soon, and I have a fair sized collection. I have been holding onto them in hopes of not having to do this, but I don't think I'll get back into collecting any time soon and I may as well "liquidate" some assets.

Since I've been out of it for so long, I want to know what my best option might be for selling. I have a pretty grand Sam Gagner collection, and I'm wondering if its best to sell it off as a collection (and do I do it on eBay or at a store??) and then I have just other random cards I didn't trade or sell.

What is the best way to go?

Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (132)
    Country

pm's sent, thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Id post it the entire pc on craigslist. If u sold it separately,and u have high end cards, then u have to keep paying expresspost to ship it out which adds up quickly
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Adam Larsson, Mason Raymond and Matt Duchene

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See oilfan10's Items on eBay

Holy. Crap. You're alive!??!!?!?

Good luck with selling the collection, Houng! I may be interested in a few pieces(one in particular), so..."long time, no pm" coming!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for the input so far. What about Beckett? Is that still relevant?

Holy. Crap. You're alive!??!!?!?

Good luck with selling the collection, Houng! I may be interested in a few pieces(one in particular), so..."long time, no pm" coming!

:P I have resurrected.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Good to see you on the site again in any capacity.

Before moving anything, I would wait for Gagner to start racking up the points this year (his cards going up in value) and then look to move them. His stuff is as little valued now as it has ever been, and I don't see why it wouldn't rebound if/when he starts to cash in on all the goals that team is going to score.

Also, I would suggest selling them one at a time. If you sell in a lot or in bulk, I GUARANTEE, everyone who inquires will be expecting some sort of discount.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ozzy_9999's Items on eBay

Thats too bad you are selling your Gagner collection.You still have one of the best ones out there.Theres actually a bunch of cards I would be interested in. I would give them a good home lol.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Good to see you on the site again in any capacity.

Before moving anything, I would wait for Gagner to start racking up the points this year (his cards going up in value) and then look to move them. His stuff is as little valued now as it has ever been, and I don't see why it wouldn't rebound if/when he starts to cash in on all the goals that team is going to score.

Also, I would suggest selling them one at a time. If you sell in a lot or in bulk, I GUARANTEE, everyone who inquires will be expecting some sort of discount.

Hey Paul! Good point, hopefully he'll have a good year. I probably won't get around to doing all this for a while so it works out.

Thats too bad you are selling your Gagner collection.You still have one of the best ones out there.Theres actually a bunch of cards I would be interested in. I would give them a good home lol.

lol yes, I think it's time for me to move on :(

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joepbb's Items on eBay

I would recommend not selling through a store, nothing against LCSs, but they buy to resell, so you'll get more money by selling yourself. I would start by posting on kijiji, craigslist or whatever your preferred classifieds website is. Then move to selling through SCF, then ebay. This should reduce the fees you have to pay (no fees on classifieds, just paypal fees on SCF, then ebay fees). Good luck with everything! And I could always use some Sam Gagner:P

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would recommend not selling through a store, nothing against LCSs, but they buy to resell, so you'll get more money by selling yourself. I would start by posting on kijiji, craigslist or whatever your preferred classifieds website is. Then move to selling through SCF, then ebay. This should reduce the fees you have to pay (no fees on classifieds, just paypal fees on SCF, then ebay fees). Good luck with everything! And I could always use some Sam Gagner:P

Do people actually use craigslist/kijiji for cards?