Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

If it looks secure I am happy.If there is a feeling of protection I am happy

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So you're okay with an illusion even if it does nothing, so long as it looks the part?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

Kinda what I was thinking...Our school is K-12 and was built in 1997. No metal detectors or armed guards. They do have a system every school should have though: The classroom doors are held open by magnets. If the school goes on lock down for some reason, the magnets shut off so the door closes and the doors lock themselves. This keeps the incidents isolated.

Our county is 36 miles x 36 miles with 8 deputies hired to cover the entire county, so it would be tough for them to come to every school every day to do a patrol. Also, if there is a set patrol, kids aren't dumb. If they are going to shoot up a school, they will get to know when the patrol comes and what not.

So you're okay with an illusion even if it does nothing, so long as it looks the part?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I would like to see random patrols through all schools 3-5 times a week. In an area like your county, 1-3 is probably fine. It's the fact they could be there at any time that does the work when he's not there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

I would like to see random patrols through all schools 3-5 times a week. In an area like your county, 1-3 is probably fine. It's the fact they could be there at any time that does the work when he's not there.

It would have to be random for sure...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It would have to be random for sure...

If it's not it can't work.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No I want an armed officer in school during school hours.You seem to be against it because of small town america does not need it because it does not happen often.It is time to wake up and realize the wrold is screwed up and people are strange so you need to take precautions

SCF Rewards
    Country

The magnetic door is a great idea as long as they go with the shatter proof glass which can be messed with but not easily.I know if you live in a small area and nothing has happened in your lifetimes you think "what a ridiculous idea".But you don't want to be that statistic like the poor families in small town CT or Columbine.All I am asking is for a little more preperation and precauction

Kinda what I was thinking...Our school is K-12 and was built in 1997. No metal detectors or armed guards. They do have a system every school should have though: The classroom doors are held open by magnets. If the school goes on lock down for some reason, the magnets shut off so the door closes and the doors lock themselves. This keeps the incidents isolated.

Our county is 36 miles x 36 miles with 8 deputies hired to cover the entire county, so it would be tough for them to come to every school every day to do a patrol. Also, if there is a set patrol, kids aren't dumb. If they are going to shoot up a school, they will get to know when the patrol comes and what not.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

We went over this yesterday. I shouldn't have to say I'm against an armed officer patrolling the school as part of his larger beat. I do not think an officer on site at all times is necessary, which is what you seem to want.

Look, I'm all for protecting our children, just not at the cost of their psyches. You're basically asking to condition our kids to a police state. I can think of no better way for a government to take absolute control than by making our kids used to a police state. Isn't that what this whole gun debacle is about? Not letting the government rake absolute power over the people? You turn schools into an police state now, you turn America into a police state 50 years from now. Kids follow what they learn. People say the government isn't fit to feed kids lunch, but you'll let them "protect" your kids by standing there with a gun? That makes less than no sense. There has to be a way to protect our kids without conditioning them to allow a complete government takeover. Armed guards at every school now, they'll be on every street corner in 50 years.

And make no mistake, if the government wanted to, they could take over right now and no amount of citizens with guns could stop them. There would be a huge backlash from around the world. It's a way better plan to do things quietly and slowly. Step one, put fear into the youth of the nation by placing an armed guard at every door of every school. Step two, let them keep their useless guns as an illusion of security.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Who's going to pay for armed officers? Hell. teachers with 5 years experience aren't even making 30K per year, how would you possibly pay for an officer?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast