Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Ebay Listing - Insane Shipping!!!

Saw this ITG Ultimate Number 1/1 for Kovalchuk and the bidding was only 99 cents. I was about to enter a bid when I happened to notice the shipping is $159!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ILYA-KOVALCHUK-08-09-ITG-Ultimate-NUMBER-1-1-GAME-USED-PATCH-JERSEY-sp-3-COLOR-/251212088635

I realize that this card may actually be worth $160, but there is absolutely no way I am paying $159 for shipping! I was lucky. If I hadn;t noticed the amount, I'd have to ask the seller to cancel my bid.

The seller has 39 other auctions with starting bids of 99 cents that have shipping fees ranging from $18 to $99. I guess that's one way to guarantee yourself a certain dollar amount. some poor sucker thinks he's getting a deal at 99 cents only to realize he gets hammered on shipping.
    Last edited by Drewk86a; 01-11-2013 at 05:08 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country

that violates ebays maximum shipping rules

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

He must not realize there are now final value fees on shipping and not just the item anymore and because of donkeys like this is why ebay says there are fees on shipping costs .

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I reported the excessive shipping. The World needs less bell-ends. Hopefully somebody will see the nonsense at eBay and issue him a warning.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dbeis61's Items on eBay

**(SHIPPING COSTS INCLUDE INSURANCE & TRACKING NUMBER!! THIS PROTECTS UR INVESTMENT!!)**

LOL. Unless you're driving the card to my house in the Popemobile, this money is all about lining your pockets and not protecting my investment. Some people. I hope he gets some sort of comeuppance.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Pretty sure the guy is a member here as well.

Not a cool practice there at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

that violates ebays maximum shipping rules

Actually, eBay's "maximum shipping" rules only includes certain, specific, categories. Sports cards are not among those categories listed. However, their general policy does state:

Selling practices policy
    "Shipping and handling costs - It's against our rules to provide unclear or misleading shipping information or to charge unreasonable fees for shipping and related services" (empahisis added)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Someone win the auction and tell him you want regular express shipping after u win. If not don't pay. Teach em a lesson

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I reported the excessive shipping.

Same

SCF Rewards
    Country

*** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content