Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1

    Really Cleveland?

    I hate to always be bashing on the Browns, but at some point there has to be SOMEBODY in the organization that isn't a total moron!

    The Browns just announced that they have hired Carolina offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski to be their new head coach. Really? No attempts at Reid? Not even a sniff at Lovie? Instead you go with a guy who's resume includes devising an offense this year that managed just 3800 yards and 19 TDs passing and no RB with more than 750 yards?

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  2. #2
    I think the Panthers offense is a little better than you give them credit for... They were ranked 12th overall in the NFL in total offense. That's really not terrible especially when you consider that outside of Cam their offensive talent pool is very average

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxx View Post
    I think the Panthers offense is a little better than you give them credit for... They were ranked 12th overall in the NFL in total offense. That's really not terrible especially when you consider that outside of Cam their offensive talent pool is very average

    the stats above are very telling. CLE does not have Cam Newton.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyToMoss View Post
    the stats above are very telling. CLE does not have Cam Newton.
    well that's certainly true. but Cam has a totally different playstyle. Yeah he threw for 3800 yards which is good...not great...but its serviceable. But he also RAN for almost 750 and scored 27 total touchdowns. So when you have a quarterback who is running for 700+ yards in a season, its a fairly safe bet that your running backs aren't going to put up staggering numbers because they just aren't getting as many touches. Generally speaking atleast...RG3 putting up over 800 rushing while his RB put up over 1600 is just ridiculous, lol.

    I don't know a lot about Chud, but I have a buddy who's a big Cleveland fan and he actually thinks this is a great move. He feels that the Browns offense is better suited to Chud's style. But as with so many things, only time will tell ;)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxx View Post
    well that's certainly true. but Cam has a totally different playstyle. Yeah he threw for 3800 yards which is good...not great...but its serviceable. But he also RAN for almost 750 and scored 27 total touchdowns. So when you have a quarterback who is running for 700+ yards in a season, its a fairly safe bet that your running backs aren't going to put up staggering numbers because they just aren't getting as many touches. Generally speaking atleast...RG3 putting up over 800 rushing while his RB put up over 1600 is just ridiculous, lol.

    I don't know a lot about Chud, but I have a buddy who's a big Cleveland fan and he actually thinks this is a great move. He feels that the Browns offense is better suited to Chud's style. But as with so many things, only time will tell ;)

    my only thing with that is again CLE doesn't have a Cam Newton. So you're hiring a guy who's offense is dependent on a unique skill set. a skill set that CLE does not have. the hiring makes no sense. all i have to say is good luck to CLE.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

  6. #6

  7. #7
    ok well here's the facts. cleveland hasnt had a good qb since kosar. since they came back in 99 the best qb they had was derick anderson. they have never had any real wide receivers since 99 much less a qb. they keep doing the same things that dont work. kind of like the texans offense does and i blame kubiak for it cause hes the one that runs it.

    in this case either the GM needs to be fired, or its all on the owner. cleveland deserves a better front office than what they have. its like the owner is skimping on coaches to save every penny possible. the owner needs to seriously fix the problem or sell the team. they cant be that bad for that long and hope to keep their fans. they're gambling on no name coaches hoping one of them finally pulls through for them. they want to find a diamond in a pile of dung. time for cleveland fans to become baltimore fans lol
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyToMoss View Post
    my only thing with that is again CLE doesn't have a Cam Newton. So you're hiring a guy who's offense is dependent on a unique skill set. a skill set that CLE does not have. the hiring makes no sense. all i have to say is good luck to CLE.
    Chud was the one who made derek anderson look like he could play in that 10-6 year. So he has done things with bad offenses. I would say weeden has more potential then anderson but who knows.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    ok well here's the facts. cleveland hasnt had a good qb since kosar. since they came back in 99 the best qb they had was derick anderson. they have never had any real wide receivers since 99 much less a qb. they keep doing the same things that dont work. kind of like the texans offense does and i blame kubiak for it cause hes the one that runs it.

    in this case either the GM needs to be fired, or its all on the owner. cleveland deserves a better front office than what they have. its like the owner is skimping on coaches to save every penny possible. the owner needs to seriously fix the problem or sell the team. they cant be that bad for that long and hope to keep their fans. they're gambling on no name coaches hoping one of them finally pulls through for them. they want to find a diamond in a pile of dung. time for cleveland fans to become baltimore fans lol
    The owner just bought the team lol, this is his first move.....
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

  10. #10
    geez they have horrible luck lol. well its either gonna really hurt them or he will look like a genius. you never really know, but considering their defense is pretty decent an offensive minded head coach may not be a bad idea. lovie ad reid were defensive and expensive. weisenhunt hasnt really convinced me he can do much of anything as a head coach so i dont think that would have been any better. guess they just have to play the wait and see game now. if they get a really good wr in the draft that wuld be a good start for them.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •