Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyToMoss View Post
    my only thing with that is again CLE doesn't have a Cam Newton. So you're hiring a guy who's offense is dependent on a unique skill set. a skill set that CLE does not have. the hiring makes no sense. all i have to say is good luck to CLE.
    That was my thoughts too. Carolina managed the 12th ranked offense with one of the more dangerous QBs in the game. What happens in Cleveland when instead of Cam, Steve Smith and Greg Olsen they have Weeden, Greg Little and Ben Watson?

Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    Chud was the one who made derek anderson look like he could play in that 10-6 year. So he has done things with bad offenses. I would say weeden has more potential then anderson but who knows.
    He was also the one in charge of the offense the following year when they went 4-12 and had the 31st ranked offense. I think you are giving him a tad bit too much credit for producing one decent season.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

They went cheap instead of trying to get one of the two best coaches that just got fire. In the other hand, it does not matter who they get since they are not going to be a good team in the future.

well the latest rumblings and word on the street is that the Browns are planning to bring in Norv Turner as OC. Norv to me is just like Wade Phillips. Lousy head coach...but as a coordinator they're very solid.
    My offseason hitlist: Hidden Content
    have something on my list? hit me up!

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    geez they have horrible luck lol. well its either gonna really hurt them or he will look like a genius. you never really know, but considering their defense is pretty decent an offensive minded head coach may not be a bad idea. lovie ad reid were defensive and expensive. weisenhunt hasnt really convinced me he can do much of anything as a head coach so i dont think that would have been any better. guess they just have to play the wait and see game now. if they get a really good wr in the draft that wuld be a good start for them.
    Here is the irony in all of this. They were able to draft Weeden this year because of a trade that happened last year in which they traded the #6 overall pick to Atlanta. Atlanta used that pick to draft Julio Jones. The other part of their compensation for the #6 pick was the Falcons pick (#27) which the Browns traded to KC and was used to draft WR Jon Baldwin.

I got $5 that says if the Browns have the chance to draft a top WR this year they will trade the pick away...or draft a QB.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Yeah, Turner is supposed to come as well. Should be interesting. At least they didn't hire Chip Kelly.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Quote Originally Posted by angel0430 View Post
    They went cheap instead of trying to get one of the two best coaches that just got fire. In the other hand, it does not matter who they get since they are not going to be a good team in the future.
    I think they were planning on throwing alot of money to Kelly. I'm not sure going cheap is what they did.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    I think they were planning on throwing alot of money to Kelly. I'm not sure going cheap is what they did.

you got that right.....they went stupid.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

I get tired of seeing the NFL recycle coaches so I like seeing a new guy get a chance.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I'm glad they didn't go after Mike Zimmer.

A new owner for Cleveland was supposed to be a good thing for us fans. Instead all the guy did was the same thing that Randy Lerner did. Hire a coach with no experience to get a "fresh start" and look how well that has done. One winning season since 1999 and Haslam thinks this new move is going to do it? Wrong. I am glad that they were able to get Turner as an OC but it's just a waiting game to see what is going to happen. They still need to bring in a DC. As far as the front office goes, Haslam probably won't even hire a guy that knows football and expect him to work magic.
    Collecting Bears (especially Urlacher), Browns, Jazz, Real Salt Lake, Cubs, and any former BYU players.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast