Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why can you not trade valuable rookies for autos or mem?

I recently discovered a 2011 update blue diamond mike trout RC in my shoe box. Without hesitation I put it on ebay. It only sold for 100 with the condtion it was int. Now here is the question, if I tried trading it here(or any site) for a 100 dollar auto or patch I wanted most think you are silly?? Why does it have to be auto for auto, patch for patch? I mean how do you trade vintage for current since a good majority of it sells well? I would have no prob trading a mickey mantle that sells for 100 for a cam auto! Seems alot have a problem with it or am I the only one that runs into this?

A better example would be a psa 9 topps marino rc, would you trade a cam auto for it? I believe they still sell around 100 or more. Might be mistaking, if not then go on the psa 10 then.
    Last edited by bearsfanincltnc; 01-11-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Go Gators and Bears!
    I only collect Justin Blackmon and I guess I am getting in the SUPER collector range of Alshon Jeffery! Over 40 autos and rising!

I agree that a lot of people have a problem with it, I would rather have a 100$ Rookie Card, then most 100$ Autos

the idea is the auto has more upside than the rc card. dude thats why i go to ebay a lot. it just doesnt make sense all the time. you will maximise your dollar value on ebay more than here. if you can sell something and get what you want on there then do it. odds are you wouldnt be able to here unless it was just by chance everything worked out right.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

My guess is that it revolves around the idea that base and parallel rookies are much easier to come by than autos. I would venture that you could pull some pretty decent rookie parallels if you busted a few boxes of Topps Chrome, but you could easily bust a case of Topps Chrome and hit nothing better than Kalil or Coples auto.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    My guess is that it revolves around the idea that base and parallel rookies are much easier to come by than autos. I would venture that you could pull some pretty decent rookie parallels if you busted a few boxes of Topps Chrome, but you could easily bust a case of Topps Chrome and hit nothing better than Kalil or Coples auto.
    yes but a mike trout rc numbered very low has more upside then matt khalil or even michael egnew patch auto with an obseen number of color or even a logo!
    Go Gators and Bears!
    I only collect Justin Blackmon and I guess I am getting in the SUPER collector range of Alshon Jeffery! Over 40 autos and rising!

I think this is all part of the general difficulty in agreeing to trades on SCF or any site. By nature it is a smaller community than eBay, so your odds of finding someone who both values rare/valuable non-auto rookies and who also has some options that spark your interest is relatively low. EBay lets you hit a larger market and buying/selling is always easier than trading.

Personally, I have only put together a handful of trades recently, because even when dealing with some of the great people/collectors on here, it is just too much effort to arrive at an equitable deal that is desirable to both sides, unless you are really specific about both what you are offering and what you would entertain in response. Even then (as is with eBay) you tend to get more lowball offers than serious inquiries.
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Always looking to add to my Giants PC and Inception PC.

Probably depends on the trader and what is being traded. Some people will and some won't.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RG3NFL View Post
    autos > cardboard
    lol

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    the gambler in me would rather have the cam auto mentioned above then the marino...the marinos price is set in stone and isnt going anywhere anytime soon...cam can have a monster game and prices will spike for a short time allowing it to be offloaded rather quickly..then again what the heck do i know i collect tj graham lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast