Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does this not affect regular letter mail or will I need to buy new stamps/send with two now for a regular letter or TTM type thing?

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

USPS raised their rates too... raise is an understatement.

A 1oz (28gram) package to Canada will cost $6.55 starting Jan 27th. It used to cost $3.00.

Say goodbye to any small item purchases and I'm guessing a lot of case breakers will simply stop breaking hockey now.

Maybe a US resident near the border could start a new rellay business across the border. It's so funny how a few year ago it was so cheep to mail from USA to Canada. Now it's the other way around.

Canada Post and USPS are doing a great job at killing the hobby for us. FOR SHAME!!

USPS certainly does but I do not see where 5% Canada Post inrease is killing the hobby? I am sure fellow US member would have loved a 5% increase like we get.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

The USPS rate is stupid. I read it includes Delivery Confirmation at least... but still. $6.00 for a bubbler? It's going to KILL resale on the smaller end items. For cards $60+ it won't make a huge difference, but I mean, yuck.

Maybe reverse mailing would be of use lol. Put your address as the to, Canadian address as return and don't put postage. Free shipping, right?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

The USPS increase is going to kill selling singles on ebay I have people leaving low DSR ratings because of me charging $3.50, I can't even imagine the feedback if I have to charge $6.50-$7.00

And any trading or selling of $1.00-$3.00 is going to come to an abrupt stop here as I doubt many are willing to pay $6 shipping for an insert.
    Might have to give Centrehices reinforced PWE idea a try, just gotta be sure to mention it to potential traders up front.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I just got an email from PayPal that Canada Post is introducing a lower-cost version of a trackable package to the US and International locations. Here's the text:

On February 11 2013, Canada Post will introduce two lower-cost trackable services for US and International shipments: Tracked Packet – USATM and Tracked Packet – InternationalTM. These services will be an attractive option for PayPal customers who are sending shipments under 1kg to the USA, or under 2kg to other supported countries. The ability for PayPal customers to print shipping labels for these two new services will be available shortly.
    With the upcoming introduction of these two new services, Canada Post will retire their Small Packet – USA Ground service effective January 14. This means we are discontinuing the USA Surface Small Packets service for PayPal customers using the print shipping label feature. PayPal customers who attempt to access USA Surface Small Packets service on the PayPal website may experience an error message until this service is removed from the online menu later this month.
    Additionally, there are changes to insurance options for a select number of shipping services offered by PayPal for customers using the shipping label tool. Effective January 14, customers will no longer receive any liability coverage on packages sent with Small Packets services, and will no longer receive complimentary insurance on Regular Parcel service.
    Tracked Packet – USATM and Tracked Packet – InternationalTM will become available via PayPal shipping label printing very soon. We’ll have more details regarding timing and label printing discounts for these services shortly.
    Sincerely,

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I tried to find more info on the CP site and could not find price but did find this:

Effective: January 14, 2013

Removal of the base Liability Coverage (up to $100) included with the following services:
    Regular Parcel™•

Small Packet™ – USA (Air)•
    Small Packet™ – International (Air and Surface)•
    Removal of the Small Packet™ – USA (Surface) service

NEW – Tracked Packet™ (USA and International) service

Introducing a reliable shipping service for small and lightweight items (less than 1 kg to the USA and less than 2 kg to select International destinations). The service includes Liability Coverage (up to $100) and the ability to track your shipment and confirm delivery online.

* Signature is automatically included at no additional charge and is provided when available.

Maximun size:
    Small Packet™ USA Air and Tracked Packet™ – USA:
    No one dimension may exceed
    600 mm (23.6 in)
    Max L + H + W = 900 mm (35.4 in)

Minimum size:
    Small Packet™ – USA Air andTracked Packet™ – USA:
    140 mm x 90 mm x 1 mm
    (5.5 in x 3.5 in x 0.039 in)

Maximum weight: 1Kg

SCF Rewards
    Country

What is the most economical and safe way to ship larger lots of cards (both within Canada and Canada to USA)?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

USPS raised their rates too... raise is an understatement.

A 1oz (28gram) package to Canada will cost $6.55 starting Jan 27th. It used to cost $3.00.

Say goodbye to any small item purchases and I'm guessing a lot of case breakers will simply stop breaking hockey now.

farewell, Canadian Traders. Just to think 2 yrs ago most pkgs from US to Canada could be sent for less than $2 in a bubble.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Maybe we'll have to go back to white enveloppes for small lower-end trades??
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Maybe we'll have to go back to white enveloppes for small lower-end trades??

if you do make sure to take the advice on the right service so that enveloppe are not sorted in machine. I know someone pointed this out at some point that it cost a little bit more but does not end up sorted in machine. With good packaging it should do fine if it's not sorted in machine. I did receive WE mainly from ebay low end buy and never had issue with condition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast