Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Need some quick advice...

Sold a card on ebay for 420 bucks. Shipped it in a pennysleeve and toploader. put that in a small bubble envelope and put that in a larger bubble envelope. Shipped priority mail. Get a message from the buyer saying the card was sticking out of the sleeve and loader and that it frayed the edge of the card. I asked for a scan of it and they just opened a case instead. The case wants a $200 refund and they keep the card. So i messaged again asking for a scan. They replied they have no scanner and offered to send the card back if they get a full refund. What should I do?

Give them $200 and trust that it was frayed?
    Give them $420 and get a card that they may damage to make it seem legit?

I've had 100's of sales on there and have never heard anything like this before...

Quote Originally Posted by deansayso View Post
    Sold a card on ebay for 420 bucks. Shipped it in a pennysleeve and toploader. put that in a small bubble envelope and put that in a larger bubble envelope. Shipped priority mail. Get a message from the buyer saying the card was sticking out of the sleeve and loader and that it frayed the edge of the card. I asked for a scan of it and they just opened a case instead. The case wants a $200 refund and they keep the card. So i messaged again asking for a scan. They replied they have no scanner and offered to send the card back if they get a full refund. What should I do?

Give them $200 and trust that it was frayed?
    Give them $420 and get a card that they may damage to make it seem legit?

I've had 100's of sales on there and have never heard anything like this before...
    It's a lose/lose situation IMO. Seems to me that the way you shipped it that it's unlikely to have become frayed, but having went through a similar situation you have to choose between one and the other. Either way eBay will hold you responsible for the supposed "damage"

It was
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/281043917590...84.m1561.l2649
    that beauty.

I'm leaning towards giving a full refund and getting the card back and listing as is. There are people out there who will still buy it I think for more than 220...

Yeah it sounds like to me someones trying to get a super discount on a card. If I was you I would go the route of full refund and get the card back because a couple things can happen 1. they close the case because you arent meeting there 200 dollar demand and get to keep the card or 2. they send the card back and the damage is minimal at best and they were just nit picking just to find something to complain about. Good luck though.
    Kellen Moore Super-Collector!!!!
    Moore PC: Hidden Content
    Moore Need List: Hidden Content
    Buying/Selling: If Im the seller I will post, If your the seller I would appreciate if you post. Just my preference. Thanks

Or the card is fine and because you did not meet their demands they damage it and send it back. I don't know about high end card disputes but insisting on a scan is the best option so you can make an informed decision. A picture with a phone. If not his he should know someone who has a phone capable. Also maybe the guys feedback may tell you if he is legitimately or not.

They have 906 100% positive feedback...It can't be that damaged the way they described it

quarter inch of card was sticking out both the penny poly + top loader & dotted frayed along the entire left half portion of edge

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchBuffness View Post
    No picture, didn't happen.
    try telling that to ebay...
    taking a break from trading

i gotta say that does happen ive had cards delivered with an untaped top loader where the card gets ruffled on the top edge sticking out and been annoyed by it but its so hard to find a card you want sometimes you just say screw it and keep it. ive also had a card delivered in a magnetic holder where the guy put the card in and didnt make sure the card was placed correctly when he put the top on and the card now has a crease that you can only see in bright light. annoyed as heck but got a great deal and because i dont plan on selling or trading it so im not to worried about it...the fact is crap happens. and if i was you i would want the card back take a look at it describe it and relist it...pretty sure youll get more than 200

Quote Originally Posted by deansayso View Post
    They have 906 100% positive feedback...It can't be that damaged the way they described
    If he is just a buyer of course he will have 100% since eBay doesn't let you leave them negatives anymore. This is a well known scam that people try to run trying to get back some cash. They run it on everyone and if some people do it they get back a ton of money.

Can't they take a cell phone picture? Don't all cell phones now have a camera? This is why you always use insurance on high end stuff and why I don't sell on eBay anymore. The place is a dump full of scammers.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast