Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Definately do the return in exchange for full refund.
    He wants the card but doesnt want to pay full price.

OUCH, thats a crappy deal. I think on a card that expensive i would have to have had insurance on it. Not really sure what to tell you on that one. I would ask for it back because if you give them a refund and they resell it with no damage then they make even more money. I dont know who would want a card if it were that badly damaged, so i am leaning towards them no telling the whole truth. Just my opinion though

Lose lose situation...but ya he should have something for a picture

i use insurance on all high end deals like that, if they say card is damaged, i demand they turn it over to post office and i get paid, they get a refund and DO NOT get to keep the card
    Please use a blank to cover any jersey window while shipping. I collect Topps chrome and contenders autos and HOF autos.

"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
    Let one walk alone, committing no sin, with few wishes and no qualms.

Hidden Content

Didn't you put a piece of tape to prevent that from happening? Do the full refund.

Good god man, why did you not tape the toploader shut? Why even use a toploader on a card like that in the first place?? Magnet case all the way for high end. I'm just as worried about an accidental crushing as I am a card popping out of a toploader when I ship high end.

That said: Sorry to hear you might be being worked over by some clown. Did the sale happen before RG3 tore his knee to shreds? Could be buyers remorse. Hope things go your way.
    ** Hidden Content ** Hidden Content
    Help me with 2011 Topps Platinum Green RC refs #/499!! (Have 11/50) **
    ** Hidden Content **

Get the card back. And buy these for future transactions:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-ULTRA-PR...item2c6b4df4b2
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

Shoulda used a teambag to put the toploader in. I don't have any magnetic holders and the nearest town that sells them is 2 hours...I've taped toploaders shut before on thick cards and had a couple complaints of the card sticking to the tape so I quit doing that...

Even if they provided a picture it's still a lose-lose for me...

Quote Originally Posted by ndhl83 View Post
    Good god man, why did you not tape the toploader shut? Why even use a toploader on a card like that in the first place?? Magnet case all the way for high end. I'm just as worried about an accidental crushing as I am a card popping out of a toploader when I ship high end.

That said: Sorry to hear you might be being worked over by some clown. Did the sale happen before RG3 tore his knee to shreds? Could be buyers remorse. Hope things go your way.

Quote Originally Posted by deansayso View Post
    Shoulda used a teambag to put the toploader in. I don't have any magnetic holders and the nearest town that sells them is 2 hours...I've taped toploaders shut before on thick cards and had a couple complaints of the card sticking to the tape so I quit doing that...

Even if they provided a picture it's still a lose-lose for me...
    Use painter's tape. It doesn't leave any of that sticky residue crap on the toploader, its really easy to remove and it doesn't really stick to the cards either. For a high end card, magnetics really are your best bet, but short of that, a team bag works really well to prevent the card from coming out of the toploader.
    My offseason hitlist: Hidden Content
    have something on my list? hit me up!

i would make them send it back...

no reason to give a partial refund.
    Hidden Content
    Buying: High end Sam Bradford, NEED PEYTON MANNING CONTENDERS, Whatever catches my eye from premium brands
    Buying: Derek Jeter, Babe Ruth AUTOS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast