Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: eBay help please

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See http://jnksales.ecrater.com/'s Items on eBay

eBay help please

So I went on eBay to purchase some cardinal baseball cards, I found one guy selling 3 different cards I won all 3 auctions, a prince fielder tier one relic, a Jason motte tier one relic, and a Kevin youkillis double tier one relic, prices 2.25 for fielder and .05 each on other 2. So I request my total and ask for combined shipping, he sends me a message saying its gonna be 11.00 to ship 3 cards I won for 2.35, and he does not combine shipping yet auction did not say that, to top it off he tells me I can't win a 5.00 card for .05 and not expect to pay, he tells me he makes up the difference on shipping but would send me a free gift with my cards that would more than make up for the cost difference, I said he can ship me the cards with tracking for less than 4.00 and I do not want no free gift, he tells me to bad, so I ask to cancel auctions, he then tells me let this be a learning experience to me that no one combines shipping and I'm an idiot to expect a 5.00 card for .05. He then reported me to eBay after canceling the auctions saying I was at fault for bidding and then wanting to cancel. Just looking for thoughts, inputs and some guidance in matter, to me sounds like he is trying to avoid eBay fees by trying to make his money on shipping

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tweeter167's Items on eBay

First of he is full of Crap when he says people dont combine shipping, because most people do (including myself). Techniclally if he doesnt state in his auctions that he does combined shipping then you are agreeing to pay his shipping cost per item won, when you bid on an item. I dont agree with this at all, but what i usually do if im bidding on multiple items from one seller, is email the seller and confirm if the combined shipping and how much each additional item will be.

Ebay now take a % of your shipping fees with every sale, so this seller isnt avoiding anyting by charging higher shipping costs.

IMO you should send a copy of his email to ebay and show them what he is doing. Good Luck

SCF Rewards
    Country

If the guy was being a prick, I would have paid the ridiculous shipping and then file a dispute from paypal when only 1 of the 3 packages showed up.

Personally, I offer combine shipping at .25 per additional auction with a max shipping of $5.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See http://jnksales.ecrater.com/'s Items on eBay

Wow I did not know of ebay taking money on shipping now too, I did keep all emails since I was reported to show them. As for filing dispute on 1 package. Never thought of that

SCF Rewards
    Country

eBay is crazy specially if u selling its better to sell out of eBay on forums

n yea sellers be trying to make some extra money like that good luck

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

If the guy was being a prick, I would have paid the ridiculous shipping and then file a dispute from paypal when only 1 of the 3 packages showed up.

Personally, I offer combine shipping at .25 per additional auction with a max shipping of $5.

so because the guy was a total jerk thats makes it right to become a scammer...morals dont run high anymore

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Did he mention in his auctions that he offers combined shipping? If he did not then you should take that as a learning lesson. Some people might not have common sense, but their rules are their rules and you should remember to read all the fine print before purchasing cards on ebay. I made the mistake of buying a damaged Cam Newton b/c I didn't look at the scan close enough and I just took that as a learning lesson. Sure, most people do offer combined shipping, but at least this guy tried to make it right by sending you a gift. I would have taken that and run with it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See timdwightrocks's Items on eBay

INSIST that since he does not combine shipping, and you paid in full, that he send each card seperately. You paid seperate shipping prices. If he sends them all together, then you report HIM to ebay.
    But basically, you just learned an expensive lesson. Never, ever, EVER bid on multiple items from a seller who does not spell out clearly thier combined shipping rates. He is a gouger, and there is nothing you can do about those kind of people, unless they happen to step out in front of your car when you are driving.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Ebay has been making money off shipping for about 2 years now.It is a rip
    Wow I did not know of ebay taking money on shipping now too, I did keep all emails since I was reported to show them. As for filing dispute on 1 package. Never thought of that

SCF Rewards
    Country

sorry to hear that