Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Like last week, I think the Pats win this one easy. Pats D is solid and expecting Flacco to play well for two weeks in a row is like expecting to win the lottery. His completion percentages are up and down more than a yo-yo. He is not consistent. My guess is that last week was his big game of the year. Expecting Flacco to play against the Pats D the same way that he played against a banged-up, no pass defense Texans D is asking a bit much for him.

The antithesis of Flacco is Tom Brady. The bigger the game the bigger he plays. The absence of Gronk means little. The Pats have had a revolving door at WR and TE for years and they just keep winning. Either Fells or Hernandez will step into the role of TE and produce solid numbers with no problem. Add in that the Ravens D is suspect (have allowed nearly 1000 yards of offense in 2 playoff games).

My personal opinion is that Ray Rice is the key to Flacco's success, not the O-line. If Rice struggles then the Pats D can sit on the pass routes and Flacco will have a bad day. If Rice has a big game like he did against Denver then the Pats D has to cheat up to stop the run and play Torrey Smith and Boldin man2man.

Pats 34 Ravens 24

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by paragon11 View Post
    Pats are 6-1 without Gronkowski this year, so they've found a way to work a successful game plan on offense. It stinks he's hurt, but it's "next man up."

I would like to see the Pats run a dual back set a few times with Woody/Vereen or Ridley/Vereen to see how the Ravens react to it. All 3 of those guys can catch the ball out of the back field and have good speed. Ray had some issues against the Denver RBs and keeping up with them, so it's definitely an area the Patriots can exploit.

Terry
    i like this idea of a two back set, just a wrinkle that they would have to adjust to

its gonna be another close game between these two. last team with the ball wins it. go pats!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    looking for UGA autos/rcs in college uniform from 2005 - present, and 2009 knowshon moreno donruss elite rcs

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Like last week, I think the Pats win this one easy. Pats D is solid and expecting Flacco to play well for two weeks in a row is like expecting to win the lottery. His completion percentages are up and down more than a yo-yo. He is not consistent. My guess is that last week was his big game of the year. Expecting Flacco to play against the Pats D the same way that he played against a banged-up, no pass defense Texans D is asking a bit much for him.

The antithesis of Flacco is Tom Brady. The bigger the game the bigger he plays. The absence of Gronk means little. The Pats have had a revolving door at WR and TE for years and they just keep winning. Either Fells or Hernandez will step into the role of TE and produce solid numbers with no problem. Add in that the Ravens D is suspect (have allowed nearly 1000 yards of offense in 2 playoff games).

My personal opinion is that Ray Rice is the key to Flacco's success, not the O-line. If Rice struggles then the Pats D can sit on the pass routes and Flacco will have a bad day. If Rice has a big game like he did against Denver then the Pats D has to cheat up to stop the run and play Torrey Smith and Boldin man2man.

Pats 34 Ravens 24
    I think you must be referring to the way that BRADY played against a banged-up no pass defense Texans D. Unless I'm grossly mistaken, when the Ravens played Houston earlier this season...it didn't go well for Flacco or the Ravens...at all.

I think I'm going to go with NE in this game. I'm just not convinced that the Ravens D can slow down the Pats O enough to allow Flacco and company to keep up.
    My offseason hitlist: Hidden Content
    have something on my list? hit me up!

dont know who will win and dont care lol. im rooting for san fran or atlanta for the sb. time for a new team to win it instead of watching the same ole teams year after year.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Suggs and Rice are the only 2 guys that I fear in this match-up but I think they get these 2 guys neutralized and the Pats lay the wood to the birds for the win.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Tom Brady still plays for the Patriots? I'll pick them to win by 200 then.
    Just like you picked Denver too
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Ravens all the way
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BradyToMoss View Post
    Suggs and Rice are the only 2 guys that I fear in this match-up but I think they get these 2 guys neutralized and the Pats lay the wood to the birds for the win.
    I just don't see a way possible for the Patriots to contain the Elite QB Joe Flacco. I'm not sure how he's not in the MVP conversation.
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast