Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I feel like buying it and then putting in a claim saying fraud, pack was opened, which clearly it was

The mere fact that he is guaranteeing you will receive a specific player should be enough evidence to prove the pack has been opened. However, the way eBay handles things, who knows which side they will take. I'm sure the seller will deny that the pack was opened prior to shipping. For the buyer to prove the pack was opened they would probably have to video tape the sealed envelope, then video opening the envelope and extracting the pre-opened pack.

I wonder if this would fall under the category of a misrepresenting the item for sale. You can't list a bunch of possibilities if you know what the item is! This would be the equivalent of me selling a Crosby MVP RC but listing it as "Crosby RC Young Guns / Victory / SPx / The Cup. You will defiinitely receive one of these cards."

This could also, possibly, run afoul of eBay's policy on lotteries & games of chance.
    Last edited by Drewk86a; 01-15-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Sent an e-mail:
    "I'm having trouble figuring out how you can guarantee the presence of a specifc player if the pack is still sealed.
    Is this pack STILL factory sealed, or have you opened it?"

Will post response

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Sent an e-mail:
    "I'm having trouble figuring out how you can guarantee the presence of a specifc player if the pack is still sealed.

Will post response

Curious as to see his response

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Technically anyone can use the words "Hot Pack" for any pack being sold. As long as you are not promising anything within, you are freely able to use those words.

If people are stupid enough to assume there is actually anything other than 5 or more base cards, then let them dream away.

You could also ask the question in any pack auction ; "How would you like to win a patch card?" If people actually translate this into, I am going to win a patch card, then their stupidity reigns supreme.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You could also ask the question in any pack auction ; "How would you like to win a patch card?"

This is how most people list their "Hot Packs" They put a question mark at the end to show that the cards listed are possible hits in the pack.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Technically anyone can use the words "Hot Pack" for any pack being sold. As long as you are not promising anything within, you are freely able to use those words.

If people are stupid enough to assume there is actually anything other than 5 or more base cards, then let them dream away.

You could also ask the question in any pack auction ; "How would you like to win a patch card?" If people actually translate this into, I am going to win a patch card, then their stupidity reigns supreme.

I don't object to this seller calling it a "hot pack", or anything like that. And for the most part, I agree with the statement above. However, I do object to the seller calling them "factory sealed". Unless he is the Amazing Karnak, those are not factory sealed. Outright lie. Those of us with an ounce of intelligence do have the responsibility to protect "stupid" people from being taken advantage of, whether we like it or not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sent an e-mail:

Will post response

Wow! It gets even better. the response I recieved is:

"It's still sealed, never been opened. Sorry, can't give away any secrets on how to find. - mbpeterson"

Ladies and gentleman, I give you...the Amazing Karnak!

Last edited by Drewk86a; 01-15-2013 at 09:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Anybody under 30, ignore this post...

"Lance Armstrong, Roger Clemens and mbpeterson..."

"Name 3 people who are full of @*$@!"

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

Still read his feedback. It is 100% and the buyers are all pleased that they got what he said they would get.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See silverdollarcards's Items on eBay

Maybe he is a UPPER DECK employee??? The corruption continues!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast