Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewk86a View Post
    Still floors me to see a card company release a "set" which includes cards from another manufacturer (buyback / rookie or not).
    '
    Leaf says: "Buy my product and you could be lucky enough to win a sealed Upper Deck box!!!"

    Leaf had several nice hockey releases in the 90's. They could re-release their own cards with enhancements like autographs or jersey / patch additions.
    Rereleasing their own cards by adding patches, jerseys, and autos is something a few people would question as well. Imagine pulling a redemption for a tin of the Cup? That's a solid pull, and a gift that keeps on giving. Also, it bring back in cards, this time graded high for the most part, that are phenomenal pulls. Imagine pulling the 9.5 Gretzky RC. That's a rarer pull than a Crosby from 2005/06 The Cup.

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfSpeed08 View Post
    looks great. Is that Howe auto a sketch too? He isnt getting better with age and that looks nothing like his auto
    By the looks of it, it looks like a mockup auto. His are auto'd according to the product sheet.
    Main wants: Schneider Cup RPA, OEL 1/1s and highends
    The not-so updated (In other words, 3/4 of it is sold) Hidden Content

  2. #12
    Now I don't know what I want more, Best of Hockey or Motown Madness?

    Guess I'll have to wait for the final Best of Checklist to come out before making my mind up.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Red Wings Past Present and Future!


  3. #13
    If the product is similar to Best of Football and Best of Baseball, then it is light years ahead of ITG's history drivel. I have opened the cases of both and, although a box is still a gamble, cases usually have return values around 70-80% if you sell on the day of the release or so (compare to like to 40-50% from HOH). I think the price should be around $200-250, in the same range as football and baseball releases. The hockey is less popular as a sport but I guess this was taken into account by the lower production volume.

  4. #14
    They've been some creative things latley.


    I also saw they've got "make your own dual cut auto" cards. Basically send them in two autographs that are PSA/DNA certified, and they'll cut them into a card for you. They charge for the service.


    Could be some nice stuff in here. Will wait for a Checklist / price point to really decide what I think though.

  5. #15
    Boxes with MRSP will be around $200-220 a pop pretty sure, judging by the factory price.

    No checklist will be listed to my knowledge...
    Last edited by flopfish; 01-16-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    Main wants: Schneider Cup RPA, OEL 1/1s and highends
    The not-so updated (In other words, 3/4 of it is sold) Hidden Content

  6. #16
    hopefully it doesnt have watered down rookies for an average break
    Looking for:
    The most unique 08-09 The Cup Limited Logos that I can get.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfSpeed08 View Post
    hopefully it doesnt have watered down rookies for an average break
    Look at Chris from the Hobby box at the best of Football, hockey, and basketball to get a good idea of the breaks.
    Main wants: Schneider Cup RPA, OEL 1/1s and highends
    The not-so updated (In other words, 3/4 of it is sold) Hidden Content

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewk86a View Post
    Leaf had several nice hockey releases in the 90's. They could re-release their own cards with enhancements like autographs or jersey / patch additions.
    This is a different company than Leaf. Leaf went out of business long ago and was bought by Donruss. Donruss went under and was bought out by Playoff and then later Panini. Somewhere along the line either Playoff or Panini let the license for the naming rights to Leaf run out. The guy who owned the Razor card company smartly bought the rights to the Leaf name and changed his company from Razor to Leaf. So rather than trying to branch out the name of a going nowhere start up he had a company with a name that people recognized. The only thing the new Leaf has really made has been baseball minor league stuff and buybacks.

    A similar thing happened in the video game world as Atari went under and was bought out by another company. Well more people recognized Atari than the other brand so they just changed their name to Atari but they have no relation to the video game maker of the 1980s other than the name.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    This is a different company than Leaf. Leaf went out of business long ago and was bought by Donruss. Donruss went under and was bought out by Playoff and then later Panini. Somewhere along the line either Playoff or Panini let the license for the naming rights to Leaf run out. The guy who owned the Razor card company smartly bought the rights to the Leaf name and changed his company from Razor to Leaf. So rather than trying to branch out the name of a going nowhere start up he had a company with a name that people recognized. The only thing the new Leaf has really made has been baseball minor league stuff and buybacks.

    A similar thing happened in the video game world as Atari went under and was bought out by another company. Well more people recognized Atari than the other brand so they just changed their name to Atari but they have no relation to the video game maker of the 1980s other than the name.
    Exactly. Very smart move.

    If I could sell a few cards shortly I might order a case for myself... Gonna be a long year.
    Main wants: Schneider Cup RPA, OEL 1/1s and highends
    The not-so updated (In other words, 3/4 of it is sold) Hidden Content

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by flopfish View Post
    Exactly. Very smart move.

    If I could sell a few cards shortly I might order a case for myself... Gonna be a long year.
    It has been very profitable for Leaf to do this. So much so that other companies are doing it including start ups. I honestly don't understand it as it is basically people being lazy and having somebody else buy the cards off of eBay for you randomly. You can even find the cards that will be in the product if you know the ebay ID of the people running the companies.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •